Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Tank (This is not a copy of the 'Tank Demo')

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 12:50 Edited at: 20th Feb 2004 12:53
here it is! my brand new game! it's not one of my best but it was fun to make!

you can download it from my website:
http://www.johnsgames.tk

or you can download it directly here:
http://johnsgames.dbspot.com/Tank.zip

here is a screenie:

Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
why do hyperlinks hate me? i always have to edit 2-4 times to get it right

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 13:13
i got a score of : 15250

but i couldent find the 10th doggie he wasnt on the map, so i just gave up and got killed,

the tanks when you move the tracks should move and an engine sound would be nice, the ai needs to be better all thay do is point at you and move if there a certain distance from you

some of the tanks when through the walls, i think you should have more enemys as the usual tanks just got boring maybe one that moves slow but shoots more bullets like a burst of 2?

you should have different levels ie: once you get all the gems it loads level 2, which is a canyon level for instance and instead of trees have tubleweed :-P

if you add those it would be a great lil game

Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
there are more levels... when you do all your objectives you advance to the next level! which has different sceneary and floor.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 13:43
which i just said, i cant complete the level there were only 9 dogs left the 10th wasnt on the map

Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
i will investigate

Dig a pit and poo in it
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 15:23
lol, arfter further testing when i died and restarted the game i was playing as a fireball, the tank turned into a fireball and it shoot bullets, and there were no gems on the level

also when i got all the gems and then started to collect the dogs the icona t the top was still gems

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 16:16
Not bad. Played a few levels with no bad bugs happening.

Get an annoying pause in gameplay when music runs out and starts again. Surely you are not reloading tune each time. Just load once and use LOOP MUSIC

dark coder probably can't find final object because map at topright is not accurate enough. If object is at top of map next to fence, it's position on map is in the border and hard to see.

Would prefer more sound effects and less music.

Enemy bullets hard to see.

Tank tracks should be animated.

A very good start for a game though.

Boo!
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, spooky

Quote: "Get an annoying pause in gameplay when music runs out and starts again. Surely you are not reloading tune each time. Just load once and use LOOP MUSIC"

i am looping the music but i still get that pause. i always get it no matter what i do (i use dbc)

Dig a pit and poo in it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 11:38:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 11:38:51