Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 1 combined exe or multiple exe's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 00:38
I'm making an rpg and there are 2 main parts, the map editor and the game. Would it be best to keep the code seperate and make 2 exe files: Editor.exe Game.exe or put all the code into 1 exe?

i.e. you can still call the editor from the game.exe but it closes the game.exe and executes editor.exe

Is that a bad thing or is it acceptable?
Prep
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it really makes no differance, if you plan on giving the player access to the editor then you may aswell right at the end of the project add a lanuch option on the titile screen or whatever. The only advantage of doing so I can see is the fact that you can share functions easily, but then this can be done by having them both share the same include.

To be no more, sad cure.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if you have them as 2 seperate exe's people can cut down on the download by ignoring the editor.

PowerFang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2004 00:04
yup good points......i've done it seperatly and just wanted to make sure i had done the right thing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 05:52:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 05:52:53