Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / rpg game first screenshot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi

this is a rpg game i been working on for a while now, here is an early screenshot of the game.

please note that this is very early stage, the model isnt finish, the model isnt texture or animated. the editor isnt finish yet, only the matrix part is done....but i just want to see if this is any good, i want some opinion on this to see if i should continue this or not.....

http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/Pic_1.jpg <copy and paste>

if that doesnt work, go here:
http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/pic.htm

thanks for any comment in advance
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline

hope this shows the screenshot.....if not, could someone tell me how to show a screenshot....hehehe
mYsT1C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2004 14:30
I love RPG´s !
Your model looks nice.
I hope you´ll finish that game !

cheers, mystic

www.project-nightingale.de.vu
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2004 08:04
Yeah love that model, does it have animations yet?
Is that the actuall map or just a temp one for the screenie?
Rpg_Freak.
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

Thanks for the comment about the model, took me awhile to do that haha

It doesnt have animation yet, and it isnt fully texture either. There is still the boots and some other small detail to texture.

The map is just a test map, i dont think it is nice enough, going to make a better map. Just finish object placement and trigger mode for the editor, so shouldnt be too hard to make a new map.

tripod is evil, here is a hyberlink, one is the above screenshot and another new one from a different angle (hope this works) hahah
http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/Pic_1.jpg
http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/betashot.jpg

thnk you for your comments
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
How would the missions look like?
First mission?

Or did you start without any documents?

I just see a model and terrain,Is it really in the VERY beginning state?
Soo,it isnt a game at the moment!

Dark(The)-Angel

Just a fan of art!
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
well, i dont have any mission or things plan out for the game yet. i have only documents on the editor, since i believe the game is nothing without the editor, so i guess i should finish the editor first before i plan the story or missions for the game.

but if i REALLY want, i could just load it and play it since the model is now animated, the screenshot i shown before are taken within the editor. the reason why i didnt show gameplay because i think its not polish enough, but i guess i will show it since i did say it is a game.

http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/Gameplay.htm
(copy & paste if it dont work)

see...the mini-map could have been done so much better, thats why i didnt show it.
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2004 12:19
the character model is great, what modeller did you use?

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks! i use Metasequoia to model it. It is very easy to use, but it took a long time to understand how everything works, but once i understand it, it was a piece of cake.

but i dont think i am going to stick with that type of character for my rpg, take too much time to model one character. I am thinking of making characters that looks like RPG Maker 2, small, simple yet effective......but what do you guys think?
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 08:13
That style you have right now is great! If you don't stick with that type of character, then please do something similar! I haven't seen RPG Maker 2 unfortunately. You could always recycle body parts and just transform them for different characters.
The terrain is so elegant. And dude, your minimap is fine. That looks a lot like minimaps most professional-industry games have. If you have better plans, then by all means go ahead. I'm excited about this one.

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: KillZone
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 10:06
I have RPG maker2 and I love the anime style of faces and their heroes, don't give up on modelling just because it take long, many rpg's take years to develop, I love your model and think more of the same should be put in your game!
Rpg_Freak.
Gery
Years of Service
User Offline
here is on of my model:
http://free.x3.hu/legendsoftware/projects/hirek.html

...and then the evil hungarian terrorist killed the peacefull shootin' soviet soldiers...
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I am glad you like this style. This style will take a LONG time but the result would be awesome. One model will take roughly around 2 - 3 weeks to model and texture, another 1-2 weeks to animate them properly. I just made a model that is based on RPG maker 2. It took around 20 mins to model and texture, therefore, there is a big difference.

Ge3ri, i try to see your site, but it takes very long to load.
I really want to see your site and your models, from what i have seen you write, Mangamagic seems awesome! cant wait to see it!!

http://mkstudio01.tripod.com/db/character.htm
This link have some pic that shows the new and old style of character. Feel free to comment on them. However, after all that is said, i think i am going to take the advice and stick with the old style instead of RPGMaker 2 style. This might take longer, but i believe the final product would be very nice.

thank you for your comments.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2004 01:30
Eye very nice 3D Models! A nice texture will make them look superb!

Good luck with the RPG

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
Zenkai
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! that looks awesome! I can't wait to see more of it Nack! *claps*

...by the way... is there any possibility that you will release the editor for the worlds??? (if not it's fine I just wanted to know)

What you don't know can't hurt you,
...you've got a hoard of zombies behind you.
Now you know!*echoes*
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, thanks for comments.

When i am done, i will release the editor if you guys really want. But i wont release it now, it is just be an incomplete editor. The editor,at the moment, contains Matrix Building, Object Placement, and triggers. Other modes are still being implemented, such as light placement, particles, character creation, action script etc. But i will definitely release the editor if it is what you want.
lupin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 04:54
I love the style of the models very anime like, i love that. The RPG maker type model is great, but of course I like the other one better, I’d be happy with either one thoe. I'm really Looking forward to this game, keep us posted.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 19:23
Looks good, I especially like the matrix texturing.

"They misunderestimated us" - George Bush
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX. "

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for reply!
Not much update...been working on a particle system for the editor, here is a screen of the particle. Enjoy!

And this is just an early stage of the particle system, its not much..but it took me awhile to get it right haha
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2004 20:14
Love the particles. I have a feeling just by looking at the editor this is going to be special

"To do is to be" - Descartes
"To be is to do" - Voltaire
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 06:06
The only thing with the editor is that the matrix appears to be TONS of tiles which would raise a framerate issue. But that doesnt appear to be an issue in that screenshot

Keep it up

RPGamer

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 11:58
I've never had framerate problems with matrices in Pro. I left that behind long ago

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

THe above screenshots do seems to have a lot of tiles. I understand that the higher the detail for matrix, the lower framerate it gets, therefore, i actucally didnt do that high detail for the matrix. Normally, the framerate wouldnt drop from matrix, but if the tiles go INSANELY high, the framerate is going to suffer. The above screenshot SEEMS to have a ton of tiles because the texture for the matrix is really bad...haha, i suck at 2d texturing

the following shots shows the matrix with wireframe and texture. They are the exact same shot except one is wireframe and one is textured.

thnks for the comments
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2004 04:12
Very much clearified now! Looks very nice I as well suck at landscape texturing, Im working on a system in a paint program where I first apply the basic colors using brushes and then 'drape' a texture over them and merge the grass with green paint and such. Its hard Im bad at 2D

Best of luck to you

RPGamer

Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2004 04:27
Do you mean by editor the basic source code?

Dont worry and keep a cool head.
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

RPGamer, ya, 2d texture is probably the most pain ever! thats why i am trying to implement a system where you paint texture directly onto the matrix. Like MSpaint, and the brush will generate the texture for you, which should be easier, i hope haha

Quote: "Do you mean by editor the basic source code?"

Kequor, the editor is the editor for the game. Not the basic source code for the game. The editor is currently being programmed right now, and once it is done, the game should be easy to make. I hope i answer your question.
Soul blister
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome model, if you decide not to use it in your game.. perhaps you could release it as credit-ware for commercial or non commercial use.. i know alot of people that would love to use that model.. eather way i cant wait to see the finished game with the anima style model or the rpg maker style model.
Lascerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 21:20
Great job man. And I thought I was gonna beat Final fantasy XII. You did an astonishing job on the characters hands.Keep it up.Can anybody check my site out and give mesome tips and feedback. Also I do requests for models but Im kinda trying to get a better graphics prog like 3d studio max. http://www.freewebs.com/flags-world Your support is most appreciated. ps weapons models available soon.

Stiyyiille
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2004 21:31
R R R R Repeat!

Looks really good. Easily the best RPG I've seen in DB so far

james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
MAN nack you kick ass.
Soul blister
Years of Service
User Offline
That last screen shot was great keep up the good work.
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa

hmmmm the last screenshot remembers me of some samurai-style playstation game....what a game of yours! gotta see it finished!

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 05:06
I like the Japanese textures on the shop

I'm curious, how are you making the GUI for your editor? it's really clean- is that using the standard DBPro text/box commands, or did you make your own system?

oh yeah, the game looks great too

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, thnks for all the comments!! Glad you guys like my game.

Currently still working on the editor, object placement and matrix portion is flawless right now, now i am working on harder portion of the editor. hopefully i can finish the editor faster and get straight to creating the game...

Walaber,
Glad you like the japanese texture on the shop haha

as for the GUI, i made that system myself. I find DBPro text/box commands tends to slow down the system when a lot of them are being drawn on the screen. Before i made GUI system, my FPS was constantly at 33 - 44, now with the new GUI, it can reach 120 to 150 with ease. The GUI is simply sprites that is made within DBPro, no extra media necessary (I hate drawing GUI so i just get DBPro to do it for me ), the GUI is very simply, it only have buttons, drop down menu and icons. The windows can be move around or be lock in one place. It really helped the editor in terms of speed. Hope I answered you question!
Spaceman Spiff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 01:59
Great job looks sweet.
Is this in DBPro/DBC?
Spaceman Spiff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 02:02 Edited at: 25th Mar 2004 02:01
Sweeeeeeeet! game. BTW is this made in DBPro or DBC?

Edit:What the heck why did it post twice?
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, glad you like it

i use DBPro to make this, mostly because it is much faster. Besides, there are so many more new commands that is necessary for the game, like intersect object for sliding collision, types for inventory system and many more....so thats why i chose DBPro.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 04:39
Oh dear me while deleting some of the repeat posts I think I deleted one of Nack's posts with a screenshot in it....OH NO!!!

So sorry

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 05:37 Edited at: 27th Mar 2004 03:07
haha, dont worry about it. i just post it again, probably going to have an update soon anyway..but in the mean time, reposting the screenshot haha

and thanks for delete some repeat post RPGamer!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 13:55
It looks very nice m8, and the textures on the landscape look much better now as well!

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

been having a lot of school work lately, so i didnt have to time to update or work on it. But now most of the school work is done, so i got some time on my hand to work on it! yay

Been working on the a new function in my editor, a level building feature. This is a test screenshot of this function, this function is still in the early stage and texture isnt implement yet. Still trying to get grid snapping to work properly.

hope you like it, feel free to comment
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 05:54
Very nice, and this is a one man project? Your modeling skills are excellent, at least. I'm interested in how this is going to turn out.

http://www.t4e0.4cybiko.com- GameXaero Forums
http://www.t4e0.4cybiko.com/gxstudios - GX Studios
Tapewormz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 06:41
Anime makes me violently ill, but that's a nice model. Credit where credit is due.

Quote: " Timesoft - Your wife is death. How? NO idea.
But it is murder. REVENGE!!!!!!!!!"

Hands down the funniest synopsis for a game ever. All your base are belong to us!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2004 21:49
Well he probably started by opening up a model editor...and then placing lots of verticies and connecting them, or deforming cylinders....

Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

i use Metasequoia to model the character, this is just a test character though, planning to make a better one later on..haha
Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2004 23:05 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 23:09
WOW!... *stairs at screen shots in awe*... you definately have to release this when yer finnished, i mean, it lookes AWESOME! i gotta learn how to do that GUI stuff...

PC: Pentium II, 333Mhz, 128 Mb SDRAM, 20 & 4Gb hard drives, 8Mb Videocard, Windows XP, Direct X 9, half-dead CD burner, crappy moniter (15inch), DBC 1.13
~Dragael Software
Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2004 07:41
So when are you going to release the editor?

Kequor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2004 18:27
I wonder what happened to this topic?

Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2004 00:46
i unno... maybe Nack is hard at work on the editor.

Dragael Software
Current Project: 2D RPG Editor (DragnEdit 2D)
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
hi all, sry for the lack of updates, I am working hard on the editor to make it easier to make the game. The editor is almost fully functional, just a few bugs here and there...sigh..

I been messing around with a "grass" function, what it does is that many grass models will be loaded into the game and it will be loaded in such a way where it will try not to lag the system. Here is a beta shot of it:

Planning to use this system for trees and maybe even NPCs if it goes well....haha
and please excuse the same model, they arent too good cus i dont have time to finsih the new ones. These are just serve as place markers, beta ones. I have a new set of model in progress, i will be adapting a whole new style (kind of a mix between RPG maker and Anime), hopefully i can finish it soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:55:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:55:42