Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / WWII Game, Demo/Release, stopped working on it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2004 05:42 Edited at: 1st Mar 2004 05:44
Hey, I doubt anyone remembers this. I worked on this last way back in like October and I just kinda stopped because of the way I did it. I coded so many parts really sloppy and just unorganized that it's become a hassle to put new features in. This is all based upon my Blue Blood FX engine which I started work on WAY back in Januray of 2001 in DB Classic. Allthough hope is not lost.

Seeing as when ever you do anything you learn about the way things work, also just the way DBPro has evolved and things I'm going to completely re-write the engine. This will be the second time I'm re-writing the entire thing. I'm tired of having to use 3 editors to make my levels PLUS a modelling program. I have a lot of the knowledge from making this and I'm gunna see if I can avoid the mistakes a lot more this time. I don't know when you'll see BBFX 3.0 out even in screen shots, no time soon, but I'm going to start work on it.

I'm thinking of releasing the source for this one, the thing is my limited server bandwidth/space wouldn't be too happy if I put it all up there (Editors, Code, Media). If someone could supply some hosting for the source, I'd gladly give it away. Undocumented mind you so It'll prolly be worthless, and the reason I'm scrapping it is because I find it flimsy and unorganized LOL Maybe if you're just curious.

Anyway, here's what I got. This is as far as this one is gunna go.

SCREENS
http://blueblood.bandedsoftware.com/wwii/

CONTROLS
W, S, A, D Movemnet
Mouselook
Left Click Fire
R = Reload
1 key = Grenades
2 key = Tommy Gun
CTRL = Crouch
SHIFT = Sprint
SPACE = jump

DOWNLOAD
http://blueblood.bandedsoftware.com/wwii.zip (8.9MB)

*NOTE: There's a bit of media that isn't mine and I didn't ask for permission to use. If it's yours, then give yourself a credit and schtuff. Alot of it is stolen from older versions of Day Of Defeat, a half life mod.*

Blue Blood FX
Check it out, RIGHT NOW!
http://blueblood.bandedsoftware.com
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW, this looks very good, although i dislike the supject on which the game focuses, but that's only my personal opinion! I'm sure there are many ppl who would like such a game, especially because it has good graphix!!! Why stopping now? Finish it!!!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2004 23:22
yep i remember this game it's been a while... downloading now...

why don't u just finnish it or round it up? even if it has just 1 or 2 stages at least it would be kinda complete

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 00:40
Wow, this game has been, to me, THE definitive game I'd like to meet in terms of standard. I'll d/l tomorrow and let you know how I get on

"They misunderestimated us" - George Bush
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX. "

Formerly David89.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 18:31 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2004 18:37
Okay, I'm d/ling now. I'll let you know how I get on.

PS - I'll host the source

Okay, I've d/led it now. It's pretty fun Just needs some eerie music now!

"They misunderestimated us" - George Bush
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed LINUX. "

Formerly David89.
Jmansr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 23:25
Quote: "THE definitive game I'd like to meet in terms of standard"

Wow. That's like the coolest thing anyone's ever said.

I could finish it off but I won't like it. I'm always trying to one up everything in it. Myself being the way I am, I'm the hardest to please. It never really crossed my mind to finish it off as a game as is, like with just a couple stages and stuff. That could be do-able. But again, I wouldn't be pleased with the result. Would it help promote DB more? If it could then for sure. This is the language that pretty much taught me how to program, made it loads of fun. So if people think it'll help DB as a language then I'll take a stab at finishin' it off.

Blue Blood FX
Check it out, RIGHT NOW!
THijs681
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 16:26
Please finisch it!!!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2004 17:27
Quote: "Quote: "THE definitive game I'd like to meet in terms of standard"
Wow. That's like the coolest thing anyone's ever said."

You're welcome

If I were I'd have a go at finishing it off. Good luck

"To do is to be" - Descartes
"To be is to do" - Voltaire
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2004 08:42
Oh yeah, I remember this one also. You were having problems with the skybox and how you could still see the outline of it and the trees edges were a little dodgy. Looks like you fixed the skybox one but not the trees. Oh well, still really nice. The AI is also a little tough though lol.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2004 07:17
Actually,
This would be perfect for multiplayer. Think about it for a second. It might work very well for that type of game.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2004 06:21
Now, that is what I call professional. Third person action games are making an entrance more and more. This game flows so nicely! It would be awesome if you added sound, made the Germans easier to kill, and made a menu and all that, along with some new levels. If you wanted to you could probably get a little bit of money off of it if you finish it.
And in reference to SoulMan's comment, what is an action game without multiplayer?

Crazy Donut Productions
Current Project: KillZone
Jmansr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2004 09:20
Money? Nah, this is my hobby I wouldn't expect people to pay for it. One thing I've always hated about the B**** community is that most of those boys try to sell off every little thing they do. I'm a musician aswell, I do everything cause I enjoy it, not cause of the quick buck.

I think I may actually take a hand at finishing it off. i mean I've made the levels really easy to implement streaming them all together would be a breeze. I find killing the Germans easy but I know where they all are hiding LOL I'm on a week off so maybe if I find some time between the 2 bands, work and school I'll polish some stuff off.

Blue Blood FX
Check it out, RIGHT NOW!
Soul blister
Years of Service
User Offline
awsome screens, awsome game. i work with Acknex engine and pretty good at level design but i am slowly learning darkbasic. You are someone to look up to in the community

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:17:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:17:45