Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Platform game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm trying to do a platform game, i have some tiles and character animated sprite.
to make the world i make a sprite out of each tile square, then i "paste sprite" it to make a lot of tiles, now i need to put a sprite behind the tile sprite, but how should i do it?
i can make some long sprite with the box function
or what? can i make the tile(it's a sprite) to behave like a sprite so i can detect collision?
what to do help!!!
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2004 02:46
well if you use the SPRITE command not the PASTE SPRITE command, then you can use SPRITE PIRORITY and have some sprites draw over top of others.
but the way I've done before is use PASTE IMAGE for the background and use SPRITE for the characters and foreground as SPRITE draw over 2d.
PASTE SPRITE is only pasting a image of the sprite you need to place the sprite with the SPRITE command for SPRITE COLLISION to work properly.

RGT may be gone but the best DBP forum is still alive and kicking, check it out.
http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/
Dmas_Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
but then it's gonna take like 32 sprites just for the ground!
if i have a 640 screen height and my tile is 17*17 then it's 32 sprites to cover the ground!
what i did is in for - next loop to paste the sprite to make the ground, now what i need to do is to make 32 sprites?
isn't there a simple way?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You would use array collision which is just 0's and 1's. Look for map, or tile editors.

Pincho.

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
X_MEN has posted a liknk to his....

GIve me more power!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:26:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:26:36