Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Zombie Invasion - Full game available

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey

I have just finished Zombie Invasion, I've been workin' on that nearly two years so please don't be to harsh when giving feedback

You can download the demo and check out the screenshots here:
http://www.the-rm.com/zombie_invasion.php

Thank you:
Teemu Puurunen

Bird is a word
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
I get "Runtime Error 10" when I try to run it.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Works fine for me.

System specs:

Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.6 GHz
640 MB SDRAM
GeForce4 MX 440 PCI

All I can say is that this game has potential. Frankly though, the AI is just terrible (sorry!). They only go after you, not your team mates - not to mention, your team mates don't even help you out. Plus, the Zombies' groaning drowns out the music, and it's a little annoying to be honest. But yeah, when they get right up near you, you're pretty much screwed, but you shouldn't be. Make it that you can do something, like push them off. These things are dead - they aren't superheros.

Another thing is turning. It doesn't run really smooth so that could be it...but yeah, when I try to turn (with the mouse) while walking, it's really choppy and sometimes it doesn't even turn for me at all.

Now for the good stuff...

Graphics were nice, and I liked the white fog used in the first level. I liked the realistic choice of one or two weapons. (May I make a suggestion? Make it that if you have a mousewheel and you scroll it, that'll change the weapon for you. It's a lot more convenient. )

Definitely better than anything I've ever done. We see very few complete FPSs in DarkBASIC. Glad to see someone put some effort toward it!

Based on the fact that it isn't professional, and based on your effort put into it...I give it:

8/10.

The missing two are what can be improved. If you need more details just let me know.

Good luck, I'll keep trying to get past the second level in the mean time...

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Reaperman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2004 04:58
Quote: " I get "Runtime Error 10" when I try to run it."

Try running it again. It did the same for me, but on second run it was ok.

HZence has said most of it, but I will add that the gun jerk is far too much. You end up pointing at the sky. Limit how much the gun jumps when you fire it.

But yes, I agree, it is a good try, so well done.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah - add jumping. It's a must, IMHO.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
OK it works now...
All I can say is:
1.More zombies with less health each!
2.Zombie dammage textures. I like to see my zombies torn up a bit when I shoot em a bunch.
3.Zombies go after team mates and team mates are a little smarter. Like sometimes they run away and stuff.
4.Friendly Fire.
Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback!

Some of bugs have been fixed now. You can download the patch at the same address as above.

Recoil is still the same, but I'll fix it in patch 2.

Bird is a word
Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2004 16:26
I waited for this!! Downloading now...

http://www.cysteine.tk/
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2004 19:55
WOW MAN I LOVE THIS GAME, I really get a horror feeling when i play it. especially level 3. with all that rooms and things Good job man, my score: 9 / 10

if I = 1 then I = 1 else I = 0
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 01:11
I downloaded this from the mirror and McAffee told be it had a virus named "Unone" in it - not sure whether this is an actual virus or something in the compression - but here's the message I get :

Cyberflame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 01:33
I think what you need to do now, is put together a team. I would max out the 3d, streamline the code, and then finalize it.

DANGIT NEO, YOU CHANGED THE CODE AND NOW THE MATRIX WONT TEXTURE RIGHT.
Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I downloaded this from the mirror and McAffee told be it had a virus named "Unone" in it - not sure whether this is an actual virus or something in the compression - but here's the message I get :"

I scanned the file with Antivir but it didn't give any virus warnings but I have to admit that now I checked with McAfee it did warn about a spyware trojan called Unone and my heart almost stopped that very same moment. But no worries; I did some research and found out that McAfee gives you an incorrect virus warning if scanning installer executables created with Clickteam Install Creator and ZI uses that. You can check the Clickteam and McAfee site to verify this.

http://www.clickteam.com/
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101117

Bird is a word
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 03:48
Ah cheers for that - I'll get that downloaded again - I was leaning towards the over-zealousness of McAfee to be honest but I think I'm not alone in thinking it's better to be over than under when dealing with viruses - in hindsight I ought to have sent you a private message but this way at least you can clear that one up nicely for all McAfee users.
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 08:38
Site doesn't work! I can't access it.
Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
[href]Site doesn't work! I can't access it. [/href]
Theres nothing wrong with the site, hit refresh or check your internet settings.

Bird is a word
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 20:00 Edited at: 29th Mar 2004 02:40
-yes more zombies less health
-use moaning in moderation
- cut down on the kickback a little
-otherwise great game!

i think if some more work should be put into this it could be a awesome game!!!

ooh ooh i got this great idea master yoda we could make a game! and the game's story line would be...
"Your wife is death. How? NO idea. But it is murder. REVENGE!!!!!!!!!"
CdPirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Its kewl!

Pentium4 3.06Ghz 512MB ddr ram 120 GB hard drive...

And Winblows XP.
Jacob
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome structure of a game, needs some of those fine tuned tiny extras that makes a game great....when I played it, the zombies were hard to kill with your ammount of ammo given...and i sometimes hit the zombie and he would fall on first bullet, but on others...i used over 3 clips of the machine gun and still didnt kill the dude. Is there a soft spot for them? I tried the usual places (head, chest, heart, balls ) but they didn't work...so then i went onto feet, arms, hands...and that didnt work...also on the zombies...for example on third level or so in that hotel thing with all the rags hanging down from the celing...i would walk into a room and those zombies crawing on the floor (looks like the are swimming) would freeze right when i went out of the room, so once i past the door frame they would stop moving, and when i went back in they would come after me....
other than those, alot of other stuff has been said...

Jacob-
Hexagram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2004 16:20
site doesnt work for me either i get 404 page not found when i click the link

I climbed Everest and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt
Night Giant
Years of Service
User Offline
i can't access the site either. i tried refreshing and nada, i tried iexplore and it crashed. too bad, i've seen shots before and it looked sweet as hell man.

oh, wow. insignificantpunks.cjb.net. we like orange treble clef notes, just for future reference.

no: website for progs yet.
Teep
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I know about error 404 on the link I gave because I'm re-designing my website so the previous links might not be functional anymore.

Here you can find the game:
http://www.the-rm.com/zombie_invasion.html

Perhaps an error 404 page at my site wouldn't be bad either...

Bird is a word
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 02:04
Hey, haven't downloaded yet (56k) but just looking at the screenshots shows at least the graphical quality of the game. For a one man team this has to be a real achievement(spelling) and let me tell you, those 2 years have most definately been worth it.Congrats.

code2kill

HEY, YOU THERE, THE ONE READING THIS, WHY NOT VISIT OUR TEAM SITE.
Yu Une
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2004 11:30
very nice, I liked the cutscene music, sound heavy metal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:17:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:17:11