Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / jaPROe - Next Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 10:17
I uploaded the beta version of the next jaPROe release. Its only the main exe and the language file. (So you need the previous version installed and then copy the file in it (the language file in th e"language" folder.)

Here is the changelog:
Change Log

- The file open dialog shows now both file types- dba and dbpfl - as default

- in the compiler options there is a field for the build-value and an image showing the actual icon

- the Codebase will now refresh if a new snippet is saved.

- the compiler status win shows the propper messages and both lines are readable

- the second "Goto line" is now "goto project line" with ALT-G and jump to the line counting through the whole project.

- predefined constants in the folder 'declarations' which are selected (Preferences) will be shown in the Sync-list, will be Highlighted and will be used as a suggestion in the autocompletation and are propperly included while compiling

- added the same split in the 'recent files' submenu as jaPBe (in sourcefiles and filelists.)

- added a concatenation option. The char which is doing the concatenation is freely selectable (only the first char if you type in more).
Notes: This will decrease the speed of the first step of the compiling process a bit and it will give a wrong linenumber with compiler error messages.

- all file names (include, media, cursor and icon) are stored in the project file are now relativ names. All files are stored relativ to the main file path, including the media files.

- float digits (e.g: 3.56) no longer shift the color of the Syntax HL.

- All commands are now recogniced properly

- Added a Dialog in the compiler options that allow to exclude Dll´s while compiling the final exe.

If no bugs are found, I release the final (and the source) next week

To code or not to be...
GALACTIC X - A brief overview - http://www.angelfire.com/space2/galactix also my IDE: jaPROe - the Image Enhance plugin and some snippets and tools -
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 14:37
Very cool!
I'll be downloading it ASAP .

God is real, unless declared integer.
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 17:08
It's like I expected!
When I do not include all the dll's, why do I get an internal error stating, that "NOT ALL COMPILER FILES EXIST", but the program still compiles right and executes fine?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2004 21:14
Hello

Whereabouts is the option to activate concatenation - I'm using your current beta, and at the moment, it seems the concatenation isn't active.

Aside from that it seems okay - I'll be testing it more later on (cant at the moment as the cats on guarding the keyboard, and I'm having to use my laptop to type this).

The place for all great plug-ins.
XP3000+,1Gb RAM,FX5600,1Mb ADSL,Router,.Net 2003 Pro & me
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2004 03:45 Edited at: 17th Mar 2004 04:01
Quote: "When I do not include all the dll's, why do I get an internal error stating, that "NOT ALL COMPILER FILES EXIST", but the program still compiles right and executes fine?"

Proberly because you are removing a dll the compiler checks for but isn't nessacaraly needed by your exe. There are only a few dlls that are worth removing.
This image shows pretty much the only dlls I have found are worth removing (the unchecked ones).

I had a few problems with the ide.

1. The installer doens't create a link to the program so I had to make one myself.
2. The help just gives a page can not be found page.
3. It appears to not move the compiled exe out of the temp folder and into the project dir. Any progs that try to load media with paths relative to the project dir can't load the media.
4. It's not loading the display mode from the .dbpro file.
5. Never seen this one before. If I press f1 to call up the help window then click the seach button and ok when I close the help window it doesn't give the focus back to jaPROe but to another window I have open.

A few sugestions.
1. Have a way of opening an explorer window of the current project folder. I couldn't see a way to do it.
2. A dialog that shows the current tpc dlls and their paramaters.
3. The tab control on the right hand side has too many tabs, can you not have the tab control like this http://www.larts.co.uk/Software/TabControl/docs/TabControl.gif?

Other than that it is pretty good and has some features I haven't seen in other ides.
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2004 09:48
Thx men, I´ll check and fix this

Concatenation - maybe I forgot to create the option... sorry...

@winch
The help file problem has to do with the japroe.pref. Delete it and it should be fine.
The search button is buggy ...

To code or not to be...
GALACTIC X - A brief overview - http://www.angelfire.com/space2/galactix also my IDE: jaPROe - the Image Enhance plugin and some snippets and tools -
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 09:45
OK, here´re some result

@TCA: The concatenation option is in, but I messed s th up with the language file. Its in the pref window / Editor 2. Named DLL and have a input gadget afterwards (preset with `_`) - fixed that error

@winch

Quote: "1. The installer doens't create a link to the program so I had to make one myself."

I´ll check this with the final build. Did you check the option `create desktop link`?

Quote: "3. It appears to not move the compiled exe out of the temp folder and into the project dir"
For that you have an option in the compiler options. I tested it last night and it worked fine for me. If you encounter the error, please send me the file / project for tracking down the error.

Quote: "Any progs that try to load media with paths relative to the project dir can't load the media.
"
I havent work with included media until now. Have no idea of that. (I tried to make a little prog for testing with the standard ide, but failed). maybe you can send a short proggie which work with the standard ide to test.

Quote: "4. It's not loading the display mode from the .dbpro file."
I tried it with load project, open project file and drag and drop and it worked in all cases for me.. sorry cant find an error.

Quote: "5. Never seen this one before. If I press f1 to call up the help window then click the seach button and ok when I close the help window it doesn't give the focus back to jaPROe but to another window I have open."

Yes, I know this error. I havn´t found a way to search for a string / value in an web-gadget (that in fact what it is). But htere is an option in the pref to use the standard browser to display the help files. Maybe use this till i found a way to do it "nativly"

Quote: "1. Have a way of opening an explorer window of the current project folder. I couldn't see a way to do it."

Hm, that no problem, but I hardly see any use. It would be helpful if you can drop me some explanantions about the use / sence of that and/or a pic.

Quote: "2. A dialog that shows the current tpc dlls and their paramaters."

Not sure about. Do you think of a kind of a dll-sniffer? But the parameter can only be shown with decorated functions, and not all DLL´s are using decorated functions. It would be helpful for me if you can add some picture or a more in deep description.

Quote: "3. The tab control on the right hand side has too many tabs, can you not have the tab control like this "

I did it

To code or not to be...
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 11:21
Ah right - I'll have another peeky at that.

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 16:17 Edited at: 16th May 2004 21:16
@Dostej
It's behaving better after I deleted the japroe.pref file.

Quote: "Not sure about. Do you think of a kind of a dll-sniffer?"

This is how it looks in blueide. I think it just gets the info from the dll string table.

Usefull for dlls that don't have a keywords file or help.

Quote: ""4. It's not loading the display mode from the .dbpro file.""

Sorry about that one but I think the problem is one of the other ides I used messing up the .dbpro file. I created a new one and japroe is working know.

Quote: "Quote: "3. It appears to not move the compiled exe out of the temp folder and into the project dir""

You said there is a compiler option for this? I can't see it what is it called? Currently with all my projects the built exe is left in the temp dir.

Quote: "1. Have a way of opening an explorer window of the current project folder. I couldn't see a way to do it."

I find it usefull so I can quickly see what files are in the project directory, easily move media to the project dir etc.

[beat the machine that works in your head]
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2004 22:22 Edited at: 18th Mar 2004 22:24
Keywords are not higlighted, and compiling gives me an error:

Quote: "windows cannot find "Compiler\DBPCompiler.exe""

(I have DBP, of course)

Other than that, I think its the best editor.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 10:42
@andrew11
Same as above: Solution: Has to do with the japroe.pref. Delete it and it should be fine.

@winch:
Shoudl be possible to add a plugin-sniffer - but will take a while, have only little exp with resources.

Quote: "4. It's not loading the display mode from the .dbpro file"

I think robK use his "own" dbpro format for the BlueIDe. Its not necessariliy compatible (at least jaPRoe dont like it).
(btw. japRoe store all the informations for the project file at the end of the source code - you can see them if you open a source file in a (hex)-editor. So its enough to have the source file to compile it - for compiling jaPRoe creates a project file out of these infos- and you can save the infos as a (standard) project file)

Quote: "Quote: "1. Have a way of opening an explorer window of the current project folder. I couldn't see a way to do it."
"

Should be no prob.

Quote: "Quote: "Quote: "3. It appears to not move the compiled exe out of the temp folder and into the project dir""
You said there is a compiler option for this? I can't see it what is it called? Currently with all my projects the built exe is left in the temp dir."

In the compiler option / general tab there is a field called exe file name. here you can give your exe a name and may use a path for it. It will be compiled to this destination. (I tested it yesterday. seems fine)

To code or not to be...
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 18:08
Quote: "In the compiler option / general tab there is a field called exe file name. here you can give your exe a name and may use a path for it. It will be compiled to this destination. (I tested it yesterday. seems fine)"

Ahh, it's working perfect now. I didn't think about adding the full path.

Quote: "I think robK use his "own" dbpro format for the BlueIDe. Its not necessariliy compatible (at least jaPRoe dont like it)."

The project file was created by blueide. I think the problem was the graphics mode was blank in the dbpro file and blue ide defaulted to windowed and japroe defaults to fullscreen.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 22:41 Edited at: 19th Mar 2004 22:41
It still doesent work!!!

I deleted the file many times but it still doesent compile, or higlight keywords.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 18:11
@andrew11
Ok, the file name is jaPROe.pref
lien 4-7 shoul dbe something like this (these are my settings and this is also the problem, cos i forgot to delete my setting file for the installer)
DarkBasicPath = C:\DarkBasic
CodeBasePath = C:\DarkBasic\jaPROe\CodeBase\
HelpPath = C:\DarkBasic\help\
DefaultDirectory = C:\DarkBasic\jaPROe\

try to open the pref-file with an editor. Check if the pathes are set correctly to your DBPro folder. That should be the problem.
If there is no pref-file available, jaPRoe checks the registry for the DBPro entry and read the path from there and write a new one.
A note for the ini-files. DBPro has no clear way to devide expressions (that return a value) from commands (that doesnt). I changed it, so every expression has a set of () in the ini-file. I added a file keyword105.ini (some like this). Copy this into your ini-folder and delete all other ini-files to an other folder (exept those from TPC commands (exactly: all that are related to standard DBPR). This is important, cos jaPRoe uses a sorted list of all commands. Otherwise you have it unsorted and this will result in not finding an entry. The blue_IDE made its own file, this file will result in most cases in problems when using it with jaPROe. Maybe this could be the problem, too.

Maybe I change this in the next release, so that jaPRoe use its own keyword folder...

(a question - does it seems useful for all who are using it?)

To code or not to be...
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 18:28
I tried that. I edited the file. Then when I went into jaPRoe, and out again, the dark basic path was deleted from the file. Can you tell me what registry value it gets, as it may be a problem with my registry?

D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2004 20:26
>Maybe I change this in the next release, so that jaPRoe use its own keyword folder...

That is of no use for me .
What would be useful, is when I would have the possibility to edit a sourcecode over a network (e.g. internet).
That would give me a whole new dimension of teamwork and a unique feature for jaPROe!
Just a thought .

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2004 00:43
Concatenation is working okay now - just set it in the preferences file.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 09:55
@TCA - Puh...

@D-Man
Not sure what you think about. jaPROe can edit sourcecode in a network (I tested it in a server-client based net.) Generally I had done nothing so far with net (in case of programming). Maybe if you could get me some very concrete hints I can jump on it. - Could be also in German - for that better mail or PM me)

@andrew11
What OS do you use? (This could be another reason for that error... )
I tested the path thing only on XP/2k machines.
for this it worked fine.

for 9x machines (who has a bit different reg-layout) I asked several times for the DBPro reg-entry in the forums but got no answer.
It uses this, but no idea if it is ok:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "Software\Classes\DarkBasic.exe\shell\open\command"
If you use Win9x, please check your DBPRo reg-entry. If its not the above one, please post the link, so that I can fix that.

Now to something complete the same:
I uploaded a new beta release (same link). Added most of the suggestions made before weekend. (I even got it working to sniff into the TPC-dll´s).
There is a new language file (There was some mess in the old one (Concatenation etc.)) and a changelog with it.

To code or not to be...
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 19:29 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2004 19:31
The dll sniffer is working appart from it shows a msgbox for each dll it finds.
Also delphi dlls look like this.

I think it might be because they have extra stuff in the string table other than the stuff dbpro uses.
If you have blue gui you can test with that or try this http://winch.dbspot.com/console.rar
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 22:44 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2004 22:53
I use WindowsME

I dont have a
Quote: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "Software\Classes\DarkBasic.exe\shell\open\command""

I have however,
Quote: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
CLASSES\DarkBasicPro.Project\shell\open\command"
, but all that has is the default set to
Quote: "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\editor\editor.exe %1"

I also found a location,
Quote: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dark Basic\Dark Basic Pro"

That contains INSTALL-FILE, INSTALL-PATH, and PATCH-COMPILER. INSTALL-PATH is set to
Quote: "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional"

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2004 23:55
Quote: "I think robK use his "own" dbpro format for the BlueIDE"

Nope - BlueIDE uses the standard DBPro file format:

key=value
;Comment Line

Quote: "The blue_IDE made its own file"

That file will always have the same name so I suggest you just tell jaPro to ignore it, like GCEclipse's IDE does.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games. - Plus URL download, win dialogs.
Over 140 new commands
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2004 18:22
@andrew11
thx, seems very useful. I´ll uses this and upload tomorrow or the day after tomorrow a new version. (I´ll drop a notice here for you to know and to test if it works well)

@winch
I´ll check that out with the delphi dll. The messagebox was for debugging and I fogot to delete it (sorry, will fix this)

@RobK
Can you tell me the name of the file (The blueide doesnt work (at least some month ago) for me that should be ignored?

To code or not to be...
Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 09:20
@andrew11
I uploaded a little file
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/galactix/download.html and then the last entry (Checkregistrypath)
It is a little prog that check your registry for DBPro and write the path in a file C:\jaPROe.log

Please try this and look if it returns the correct path. If it works, then I´ll put it right in the IDE.

To code or not to be...
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2004 22:55
I get:

Quote: "Windows 9x / ME
Path for DBP : "

And thats it. No typo.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 10:03 Edited at: 25th Mar 2004 19:00
@andrew11: Damn... - I´ll check that tonight - so: till tomorrow

@winch
The problem is not necessary the delphi dll, more that this dll contains stringtables not to be used as DBpro command tables. I´ll fix this.

Meanwhile I uploaded the help-files for jaPRoe. Because my english is not advanded enough to write help-files, I did them in german. Is s o out there with enough english and german knowledge to translate them? Please help!!

With this i uploaded a new beta version with some little changes, mainly to support the help.

To code or not to be...
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2004 13:52
I'll try it later.

Dostej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 09:49
@andrew11
I changed the file and uploaded it again.
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/galactix/download.html and then the last entry (Checkregistrypath)
It does the same, just changed some settings for reading the reg.

Please try this again and look if it returns the correct path. If it works, then I´ll put it right in the IDE.

To code or not to be...
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2004 22:58
This one doesent do anything

theres no file in C:\

DEANO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2004 04:27
This has got to be the best IDE I have ever seen.
you-da-man keep up the good work!!

deano

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
-ALBERT EINSTEIN

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 14:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 14:27:11