Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Free-Fire, Grand Theft Auto meets C&C

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 07:16 Edited at: 19th Mar 2004 07:18
Well, we're back. Our last thread has faded, once again, into obscurity so this is our third thread. I doubt any of you remember us, so here is a link to our old thread (which has another link to an even older thread): http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=25289&b=8. However, you might know Aluminum Pork- he's our programer (I'm the concept artist and 3d modeler).
Anyway, currently we have little to show off but this will change soon due to the fact that things are picking up again, progress wise, and we're getting a copy of DB pro. Yahoo! In the meanwhile, I'll tempt you (hopefully) with some half finnished concept art:

Enjoy!
AluminumPork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 08:27
Holy crap, that looks good! You didn't tell me you were working on any concept art like that. You need to keep me informed! haha, yeah, good work, I guess I'll talk to you in morning about this.

Anyways, yes, we're finally getting DB Pro, this should let us release our creative juices. Now that we know the basics of the engine we need, we're going to start from scratch (but with knowledge) in order to streamline the engine.

P4 2.4Ghz HT, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, 19" Viewsonic, 80GB HD

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 10:09
so will this be based on the tank-engine from the earlier threads? or are you just using that engine as a learning tool?

either way the concept art has sauce! good luck with your game!!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
faxmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2004 15:45
AP- Uh.. oh yeah, sorry about that. I'll keep you informed from now on.
walaber- From what I can gather, AP and our other programer (who I don't think is a part of this forum) are going to start rewriting the engine from scratch in DBpro. So, yeah, I guess the old engine was a learning tool.
faxmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2004 08:19 Edited at: 17th Apr 2004 08:23
UPDATES!
The trooper, now in 3d form:

And the final concept I used for him. I'll color it some time, but for now:

As you can see, things are beging to pick up again. I predict that we'll have some sort of testable code within the next few weeks, but I'm but a humble artist, so I'll you'll have to talk with Aluminum Pork for a more accurate estamate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 18:33:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 18:33:31