Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Forum Refugees

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 20:37
Gonna first note, that to save the mods later please keep an eye on this post to make sure it doesn't get out of hand and possibly Flamebait it.
I do apologise if it does get out of hand

Now I was not here last week when I came back refreshed from a fantastic break back with my folks, I found that some insane French person has spammed the forum complaining about the Americans - which makes little sense as DarkBasic Software are an English company, and these forums are run and maintained by them.
I also found that RGT members had invaded our forums.
immediatly felt the holiday's upbeat draining away.
This feeling was justified when I read the posts that had been made within this forum.

I'd like to just say... This is NOT RGT in any fashion. It is a much more laid back, peaceful forum which has been called boring countless times by RGT users.
Personally I prefer the attitudes of the regulars here, everyone especially the staff are working overtime to benifit everyone.

There is no such thing as Sheep Syndrome here where members take side's or alliances here, because we're all entitled to an opinion and there is no moderator who'll delete or move something without justification. In fact there has only been 3 Flamebait threads to my recollection, and only one of those has been deleted in the end.

No the forum isn't exactly the most advanced on the planet, and we may not have new models, software and screenshots daily. But what we do have is a very friendly atomsphere where we can speak our mind, and help out in whatever ways we can.

As guests and new members to here, RGT members should respect what has been built here and know that just because they have years of experience - it is extremely distressing to most of us have for ya'll to take the RGT attitudes. I've noticed atleast 3 members whos attitudes have changed completely since the RGT members arrived. There are no doubt more because now I don't have the time to check everysingle post.

To be completely honest for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests that we're trying hard to tollerate. If the situation becomes more and more perminant, I'm not sure how the members here will react.
But personally I'll be moving to the FMTau Forums rather than having it for the few Beta Members and friends, because I don't want to be within the RGT atmosphere any longer ... I would like to actually walk out of this forum rather than booted.

Sorry all for the post but, it really had to be said.
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/darkbasic/gir.gif[/img]
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven you gets what you pays for.

I really like your posts, please don't leave.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:11
-To be completely honest for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests that we're trying hard to tollerate

Excuse me but you're putting all RGT users in the same bag.There's a word for that and you must know it.

We're not so different,heck 'WE' were this place before. ;P

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:13
Not to talk about the piracy talks and ways around BSP editors I read on only a few days...Don't think this makes a forum look too shiney to me.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:17
Well Vegeta, this is a free forum, we are DBS customers, so I don't thing there should be any kind of barrier between this forum and RGT. It's enough that there's people out there that dislike us and feel the need to spam, but don't for 1 second think that he/it was from the RGT forum, that was actually an old enemy, cos I recognise his signature, he tried similar stuff at RGT a few months ago, he was banned within 30 minutes of posting.

Any comments that RGT members make, are all tongue in cheek, we're sorta spoiled with attachments etc over there, and comming over here and not being able to post screenshots can be really disheartening when there's something you want people to see. I also don't think you can comment Vegeta, because you made remarks when RGT went down at first, or don't they count?

I come here quite a lot, regardless of whether RGT is up or down, perhaps the only reason why they haven't joined before is because of this forums shortcommings. I'm a member of Blitzcoder too, not because I use blitz, but because every bedroom coder has opinions that I'm interested in, and I think this is the same for most people here and at RGT.

I think perhaps you feel a little threatened, but there is really no need, whatever disagreements have cropped up recently won't be dredged up over and over, sometimes it's better to get all this stuff over with so we can all get back to work.

Van-B
Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:18
-- We're not so different,heck 'WE' were this place before. ;P

nicely put

thy boss
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:18
P.S. I haven't seen a flame war on RGT in months, it's too tightly moderated for any of that.
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
How does vegeta get away with so many FLAMBAITS, thats what i want to know ?

How much longer can the mods here tolerate him ?

Seems to me as though he's inciting a flame war between the 2 communities, and don't forget, many db users attend both forums and find both forums equally valuable.

I know i do

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:25
Us RGT members have not invaded your forum, in fact half of us have been members ever since they were announced on RGT on day 1. We are just spending more timer here.

Let us not forget you were banned from RGT, Vegeta - so maybe you have a grudge?

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:26
Who's the MOds here first...?

Froggermon?

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:37
My more in-depth post-mortem

To be completely honest for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests that we're trying hard to tollerate

As guests and new members to here, RGT members should respect what has been built here

Again, most have been members on this forum from day 1, and so are not guests.

There is no such thing as Sheep Syndrome here where members take side's or alliances here

It seems you have already taken a side.

I would like to actually walk out of this forum rather than booted.

No-one's asked you to leave. Infact, I've made no comment whatsoever about RGT apart from talking about the server status over here.

because we're all entitled to an opinion and there is no moderator who'll delete or move something without justification and a much more laid back, peaceful forum which has been called boring countless times by RGT users

As you say, everyone here is entitled to an opinion, and the "boring" may just be peoples' opinion.

Maybe you should change your name to "Raving Vegeta", because after this show I'm beginning to think that this is just another flame-war in the making.

I love Star Trek.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 21:58
What is the difference between you and those that you call 'Guests', seeing that most of them have been here longer than you?

"I also found that RGT members had invaded our forums."
Invaded OUR forums? And then YOU talk about Sheep Syndrome?

"for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests."
Well, actually I'm not here to visit you.

Ogres have layers.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:03
I'm a good mutant from the X-Men, but the humanity treats me as if all the mutants were dangerous... that drives me nuts with the humanity racism about the ones diferents of an ethic group or race...

Well, what were we talking about? oh yeah, Raven, don't u even think about leave First Shadow Robert now u Who will save us... I really like ur help around

What's RGT by the way?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:14
RGT is a DB forum that was the official forums from when Db took down their old ones and the Apollo ones were put up. (Maybe a year?)

Anyway, it has a massive user base (over 1,500) and when the Apollo ones came up alot of people stayed with RGT.

They are also the official forums for the Americas.

I find it a brilliant knowledge base, ther are literally thouhsands of snippets and if you post then you're likely to get an answer within an hour.

[url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]

I recommend registering when they're back up, it's a shame all traffic is routed to here now, but RGT is massive and is not in danger of dying for another 100 years or so.

I love Star Trek.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:16
Oh, and Vegeta got banned from RGt and so he is now over here, starting flamewars between our two communities

First a flamewar between RGt and Blitz Basic, now a civil war between Db forms! Really!

I love Star Trek.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:24
WOW

RGT USER: A RGT ONLY USER
APOLLO: A APOLLO ONLY USER
BOTH: A GUY/GAL WITH SOME SENSE.

I find the discussions here more adult, we talk about some silly things but in more adult ways.

This is meant to be a more peacefull atmosphere, and it is due to the colour scheme's.

Raven, sorry to say but that was a bit harsh: only a few RGT'ers are to 'blame' (if that is the right word) for the RGT fall in the eyes of some members.

"I also found that RGT members had invaded our forums." - Humm, i see that you do not want these forums changing into a tightly moderated place. Like what had to be implemented on the RGT forums.

Sorry to say, i do not like the idea of everyone being here. The atmosphere HAS changed very much, more errr... agressive??? (a bit too harsh). But if you stayed longer i am sure some attitudes will change.

Wow, i am getting too used to these long reply's.

"for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests." - Yes/No if they change the attitude and adultness of the forums then Yes, if not then No. Everyone has people they had rather not be around, albeit because of their idea's attiudes or other, but we have to 'put up with them'.

Now please do not take me as anti-RGT (expecially with my last comment) as i do welcome you to these forums, but only ask (as i think Raven would agree) not to tread on all our feet, if oyu see what i mean.

These RGT-down periods always bring a few more people to apollo and it is great that this community is growing, but lets not get too personal about who joins.

Oh and i love these forums expecially as they will probably be for free and under GNU licence.

Thanks For Your Time,
Martyn Pittuck

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:27
ok and Apollo has a userbase of just over 1000 (the number of profiles).

And we have Rose

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:38
Wow, I didn't know about that 1,000 - congratulations all Appolloers.

Who's Rose?

I love Star Trek.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:41
lol

Lets see if she comes along tomoz

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 22:42
They rose with the downings of rgt j/k

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:01
Rose... haven't seen her lately. She posted that clip from a work of erotic liturature... turned out to be two sheep making love.

Anyway, Raven Vegeta: I might be inclined to agree on some points, but I have to remember that you may have a biased opinion because you were banned from the RGT forums. I remember about a year ago, DBS wanted to charge for the upgrades that they had promised for years. Everyone was flaming and threatening to leave. And as always, DBS hid behind RickV, who handled the situation fairly well, amidst all the flames and accusations against him. It was dark days... Even I posted a flame or two. In the end, many people had converted to BB3D, which was pretty new then, and because they left DB angry, they held a grudge and now the two communities are against each other. Seriously, it isn't worth it. Leaving solves nothing, your just walking away when it gets tough.

About RGT: I never really got into RGT because I thought they were just temporary, up for a month at most. Of course, DB didn't keep it's promises (should have seen that coming!) and by the time I realized RGT was the only forum we would get, it was too late. I had missed the train. Of course, RGT looks plain ugly IMHO, that's a turn off.

About the Apollo Forums: This is a far more peaceful and mature forum, from what I've seen of RGT, but it lacks some key features, hopefully these will be fixed when Rich comes on board.

About RGT users on this board: I don't care. If they want to use RGT, good for them. If they come here, good for them. I do not want them to bring any attitudes, grudges or fights here though.If there are petty squables on the RGT forum, they do not belong here. And vice-versa. They are two seperate forums serving one community. Lets not start a civil war people.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:02
Sorry, I never heard about RGT forum. Since the DB forum went away I've dissapeared and went to BB, sorry. Then my game went bad and I came back here. However I still use both softs... The thing is... if RGT forum is also about BB couldn't it be a good resource to the comunity? Like, someone up there said about Rose being from RGT? is that? I've seem her here sometimes and seems like a kind Irish girl So...what are we really fighting for? I love to fight I just dunnot which team I have to be...lol

-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:03
" also about BB " about DB I meant... ´do they have an edit button in RGT? Maybe that's why they have more users...lol

-- Rogue
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:04
There's no team...Differences are all between one's ears.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:05
they got a full featured forum over there. I just hate the look of it...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:06
-About the Apollo Forums: This is a far more peaceful and mature forum, from what I've seen of RGT

Why is this a conspiracy...RGT are rarely the host of immature thoughts and when it happens,they stay for a little 5 minutes and are deleted into blivvy. héhé

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:28
"deleted into blivvy. héhé"

LOL

Ogres have layers.
Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:49
I don't see what's wrong with RGT people using the forum, I visit RGT, but I lso visit this forum.. I like both

''Mmmm.. Tastes like Nazca!''
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 00:00
"To be completely honest for me atleast the RGT members are unwanted guests that we're trying hard to tollerate. If the situation becomes more and more perminant, I'm not sure how the members here will react.
But personally I'll be moving to the FMTau Forums rather than having it for the few Beta Members and friends, because I don't want to be within the RGT atmosphere any longer ... I would like to actually walk out of this forum rather than booted. "

Nobody's gonna boot you from this forum, unless you start posting spam of course! However, by posting this thread, you are only encouraging the very kind of behaviour that you say you dislike about the RGT forums. Also, I think you are in a very small minority on this. I think most people would like to see this forum thriving like it was over a year ago and that includes the RGT forum regulars.

Maybe it's time to bury the hatchet on this matter?

The Yellow Jester does not play but gently pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance in the court of the Crimson King.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 00:08
Well hehee i'm not going anywhere, would obviously give the users time to adjust - probably post less like I have been the past week.

I know it seems like I'm trying to cause a rift and I'm not, seriously. Just kinda got sick of the immature attitude and Sheep Syndrome that goes on at RGT.
I never liked the way that there would be an argument and immediatly everyone would back one users and it'd turn extremely immature so quickly.

I've been complained to the past week over msn by a great deal of members here about those who have come from RGT.
And just because you've been registered since day one (something that I couldn't do within Rich's help for some reason) doesn't mean you're not a guest.

I know this isn't a paid for forum, but we've had no trouble here and the same atmosphere as we've had over the past 7|8 days.
It is far better freedom here, with the exception of talkin' about Blitz because of recent problems. I mean were allowed to talk about it, but not in a DB vs... kinda post - but then they're not really too constructive, just a bunch of people slaggin' of DBpro, which seem to forget the history of thier own product.

I'll give it time, especially as it looks like we're stuck with them again for a while ... but I hope they can change thier attitudes - otherwise the fun here will go, probably closely followed by our freedoms.

You are a guest whereever you choose NOT to participate, many RGT members choose NOT to participate here unless they have no other choice - they are guests in my eyes.
And as such should respect what the actual regular members do here on a daily basis. They should also respect how things work here rather than treating this place like RGT, because as ya'll can tell IT ISN'T RGT!

I've participated within RGT, even with my ban - through members, extra names, all sorts. Sometimes letting everyone quite openly know its me, others not giving a single clue.

If I had a deep seeded grudge against RGT it wouldn't be beyond my power to simply do anything i chose to with ease.
But I dont' because quite frankly I don't care about your little forum, just keep the attitudes in that forum and act like adults here!

Was tired of them there, and am getting tired of them here too ... i don't think it is much to ask that whilst you're in her you actually respect how everything works.

I think the moderators here do a pretty decent job most of the time, just because they don't control how we act isn't a bad thing.

It is funny how Acturus you're immediatly jumping in here to disagree with the point of guest as you're actually quite and active member - just as Van is ...
So how you guys can take these comments to heart is beyond me because i'd hardly call you guys guests.
But does backup all i originally said quite nicely so thank you.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 00:11
(^_^) also... YAY YAY YAY Rose seems to be back

- i know yarbles, but if no one tells them they're acting like jerks they'll never know to stop
So best one guy, who is oftenly out of line on alot of things be flamed to death than a whole war a few months/weeks down the road.

I'm not against them comming here, they just have to respect how things are here and learn this isn't RGT

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 01:03
The way a group works is in 4 stages.

We meet up, and get to know one another.

We participate in points of discussion, discovering more about each other.

We argue, and fall out, finding out even more about each other.

Finally, we realise our differences, and form again to work as a team forever, discovering a little about ourselves.

Unfortunately, many forums that are handled by admin and mods badly, don't make it past the third stage, but if we do, it's smooth sailing from there on out.

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 01:10
vegeta... you are SOooo sad.

You seem to have it in your head that this is your forum, and everyone should conduct themselfs how YOU want them too.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I for one won't be dictated to by you.

And just like others have been saying... I have be a MEMBER from the start ( before YOU, and many others ) So I am a MEMBER, NOT a guest. Just becouse myself and other MEMBERS don't post here very often, doesn't mean that we don't visit on a regular basis.

I have purchased every product DB has made... and was a MEMBER here before you... So have every right to be here, as do you. ( AS A MEMBER )

To quote "The Masked Coder" >> Seems to me as though he's inciting a flame war between the 2 communities.

I MUST AGREE ....... or he just want to here people say "don't leave vegeta" "we need you" And feel free to go over to his FMTau forum and mix it with ALL 10 member !!

At the end of the day veggie >> this is NOT your personal forum ... it is here for the whole DB comunity, and anyone who registers to become a mmember ( IS JUST THAT ) a member.

You talk about immaturity ... I do beleive that you are just a boy, only just out of your teens in fact. well, your immaturity definitely shows through.

One minute you can't take someone criticizing your work ... and the next, you BLOW it all out of proportion.

You discribed yourself very well in that long post you made recently ... you seem a very emotional boy. Maybe you could talk to someone about your emotions ??? then you might be able to bring them under control.

Just one more thing >> Get over it

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Dean
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 01:30
if anyone thinks I'm a "guest" for also going to RGT, they can take their comments and shove them up their rear end

I don't want anyone to think I'm only comming here 'cause RGT is tit side up, I came to these forums because they put a "Dark Basic 1" forum here also..

the only reason I wasn't here from day one is because I thought this would turn out to be a DBP only board

''Mmmm.. Tastes like Nazca!''
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 02:16
I think you're being a little harsh on Vegeta. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but taunts and deliberate flames
i.e.

"You discribed yourself very well in that long post you made recently ... you seem a very emotional boy. Maybe you could talk to someone about your emotions ??? then you might be able to bring them under control."

...are uncalled for.

I honestly don't care what everyone's flaming about - I was in the DB forums. When they closed, I didn't even know of RGT, and when I found this forum, I joined again. What's the big deal?

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 02:30
I dont really have a problem with any of your qiurks, Id just wish u all get along after all these bloody years.

Cmon how long have we known each other to have to still go through this nonsense.

gather round kids, indis gonna tell ya a tale of days before when most of your energies were directed at problem solving, instead of politics.

Flaming ((spelling)omebas) roll was to cause some heated debates.
Now everyone seems to have a little flaming in them since days of yor.

I dont have to tell you how much of a waist of time it is to hold up this agro tension.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 02:57
Simple- I find your comments offensive... that post is nothing more than a politically correct flame!
I'm sorry to single you out, I don't like doing that but I must point out to others so they see what I mean, so this isn't a flame or meant to be insulting:

"vegeta... you are SOooo sad."
Thats just kinda insulting...

"You seem to have it in your head that this is your forum, and everyone should conduct themselfs how YOU want them too."
He does not have that type of attitude, he is just telling you how things are here (some of it is true, some others would argue), and he is simply asking that RGT stays seperate from Apollo in some senses, and together in others. Your personal grudge against him, for instance, should stay on RGT, and not come and pollute Apollo. And the same thing vice-versa.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I for one won't be dictated to by you."
He isn't trying to dictate, his requests are for the most part perfectly reasonable. So if you refuse to listen to him, you'll be going against our wishes as well...

"And just like others have been saying... I have be a MEMBER from the start ( before YOU, and many others ) So I am a MEMBER, NOT a guest. Just becouse myself and other MEMBERS don't post here very often, doesn't mean that we don't visit on a regular basis."
True, your post count doesn't matter. But being a member longer than he has doesn't make you better or special in any way. Why should you have special treatment then?

"I have purchased every product DB has made... and was a MEMBER here before you... So have every right to be here, as do you. ( AS A MEMBER )"
You have every right to be here, as does Raven Vegeta. He isn't telling you to go away, just leave your arguments and such at RGT. This type of flame carries over a grudge against him, and that is EXACTLY what we and Vegeta DON'T WANT!

"To quote "The Masked Coder" >> Seems to me as though he's inciting a flame war between the 2 communities.

I MUST AGREE ....... or he just want to here people say "don't leave vegeta" "we need you" And feel free to go over to his FMTau forum and mix it with ALL 10 member !! "
He isn't enticing anything. If you can't see past your anger at him, you shouldn't start posting flames.... especially here!

"At the end of the day veggie >> this is NOT your personal forum ... it is here for the whole DB comunity, and anyone who registers to become a mmember ( IS JUST THAT ) a member. "
True, but I dunno about that veggie thing...

"You talk about immaturity ... I do beleive that you are just a boy, only just out of your teens in fact. well, your immaturity definitely shows through."
Hey, your immaturity is showing FAR more than his... he may have been immature on the RGT forums, but he is for the most part respectable here.

"One minute you can't take someone criticizing your work ... and the next, you BLOW it all out of proportion. "
No comment on that because I know not what you refer to, only that it does not belong here.

"You discribed yourself very well in that long post you made recently ... you seem a very emotional boy. Maybe you could talk to someone about your emotions ??? then you might be able to bring them under control."
Ok now your just trying to spite him outright... (Try and tell me thats mature...)

"Just one more thing >> Get over it"
Exactly what Vegeta said: Get over it! Get over your personal grudge, or go back to RGT. (That sounds like I'm being bossy, but don't take it that way)

I hope this clears up what I am trying to say, and simple, don't take offense! I really didn't want to single you out but it was a good way to clarify what I said.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 02:58
To Indi: Amen.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 03:59
rapscaLLion

You obviously didn't read vegetas last post about me, but if you did, I suggest you read it again.

Like I said in that thread >> "what go's around, comes around"

I didn't carry over a grudge against him, just commented on his model - and he didn't like it ( as per usual ).

It's the same old story... he writes what he want about peoples work, but if someone does the same to his, and he don't like it, then he go's off on one... and some of the other forum members get their tongues up somewhere when the flaming kicks off.

I have no gripe with you rapscaLLion... but you sound just like vegeta.

The Masked Coder is right in what he said, and I agree with him fully. vegetas "sharpening skill" thread got locked, so he started this one to carry it on and start a "RGT vs DBpro forum war.

If he had just left it then that would have been that... but again, his over emotional state got the better of him.

to quote you: "True, your post count doesn't matter. But being a member longer than he has doesn't make you better or special in any way. Why should you have special treatment then? "

Where have I asked for special treatment then ?? all I was saying is that I'm a MEMBER not a GUEST.

To quote you again: "Ok now your just trying to spite him outright... "

Like I said... read his last post properly... ( and what go's around, comes around ) but some of you only seem to be able to grasp the "go's around part"

This is just going to become another of those threads to get labeled [flamebait] then locked. If he starts another one, then that will probably go the same way.

So I say it again >>> GET OVER IT <<<

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
you sure you don't have a grudge against RGT, vegeta? >

geez, i almost feel unwelcome

as for the reasons why i don't use this forum? quite simply because i used the RGT ones for so long, and got to know the people there, that IT became, to me, the DB forum! also the fact that this forum is somewhat buggy and low on features doesn't help either

i'm looking at yooooou!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 04:11
Hmmmm, this topic is as hot as the damn AMD processors

-- Rogue
Dynamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 04:54
There is a bit too much immaturity on the RGT forums at times... I've taken part in some of it, but I finally got sick of it (you may have noticed that I left shortly before the last crash). Posts like this aren't healthy, they form grudges. I agree with the peacekeepers... we should focus our energy into creative programming (and graphics :p), not witty flames.

A cloud! I found out he's a cloud!
Dynamo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 04:55
I forgot to mention, even though I don't really like the RGT forums anymore, I have lots of friends on there.

A cloud! I found out he's a cloud!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 10:19
I dont really have a problem with any of your qiurks, Id just wish u all get along after all these bloody years.

Cmon how long have we known each other to have to still go through this nonsense.

gather round kids, indis gonna tell ya a tale of days before when most of your energies were directed at problem solving, instead of politics.

Flaming ((spelling)omebas) roll was to cause some heated debates.
Now everyone seems to have a little flaming in them since days of yor.

I dont have to tell you how much of a waist of time it is to hold up this agro tension.

well said indi... i have never had a problem with any of you and i want it to stay that way... i just dont like you guys acting like (i cant believe im saying this... im 15... and not so mature)... BABIES... CALM DOWN ITS JUST A FORUM... ok =) its not like your going to die over what someone says... just turn the other cheek and go about your daily tasks then come home to your internet... and have fun.... dont flame eachother... you can disagree but like mirthin said

I think you're being a little harsh on Vegeta. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but taunts and deliberate flames
i.e.

...are uncalled for.

I honestly don't care what everyone's flaming about - I was in the DB forums. When they closed, I didn't even know of RGT, and when I found this forum, I joined again. What's the big deal?

this place shouldnt turn personal... thats his own buisness... not anyone elses... (changing the subject...) why is rgt down again... router updates???

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 10:23
Hmmmm, this topic is as hot as the damn AMD processors

=P my amd athlon xp does run pretty hot... but i have added a new powerful fan spinning at 6000rpm... with artic silver 3... i think i need to go liquid... O_O i have been keeping it 20 degrees from overheating even at 3 ghz... dunno how i did it... =\ but im not doing this with my next one... liquid all the way... freeon... oh yeeehhhhh (and multiprocessor with opteron... yesss opteron... )...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 10:37
better put this way... its kinda mean... but nazca posted this somewhere else... and ive seen it all over the internet... doesnt it make a point???

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 10:38
(im trying to cool the flames not piss on em... tell me if it comes off the golden way)

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 11:07
I am not a refugee, I am just shopping in a discount store cos the supermarkets shut, I don`t usualy use this forum since it is VERY slow, buggy, doesn`t remember my password, and has no capability to edit your posts, so I mostly just scan the entries for info and don`t take part, but if you think that putting a disclaimer at the start of your post saying you do not mean to start a flame and then promptly start to insult people and call them immature then you are realy just flameing and trying to look whiter than white while you do it, sorry vegeta, but I will post where I please and you will just have to live with it.

some points...
(1) sheep syndrome?....what sheep syndrome?, this isn`t an insult?, sounds like one to me.

(2) calling forum members refugees?....this isn`t insulting?

(3) "we're all entitled to an opinion".....except where it differs from yours?

(4)
As guests and new members to here, RGT members should respect what has been built here......many RGT people have taken part in the growth of this forum as well, we can just forget that and lump them all in with the rest eh!, sounds insulting to me

(5) "it is extremely distressing to most of us have for ya'll to take the RGT attitudes"....grammatical gibberish aside, what RGT attitude?, I thought free speech was allowed?

(6) "I've noticed atleast 3 members whos attitudes have changed completely since the RGT members arrived"....hmmm! so you are an expert in human personalities and these forum members are so weak minded that a few posts by "new" members change their life completely...I think not.

(7) "There are no doubt more because now I don't have the time to check everysingle post. " ..... and the rest of the forum is getting brainwashed too? LOL (thinks not), while you as the guardian of decency and right thinking are too busy to check all the posts being made, no doubt because us "newbies" are posting so much "sheep" thinking and building "refugee" shanty towns all over the nice neat forum
LOL, alas, I am not young enough to know everything, (unlike you), but just stop to think before you post, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mentor.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 11:21
mentor plz dont do this... =\ read my last 3 posts... and look at that picture... =( i dont like people arguing over stupid things... i know raven started it and someone will probably say that... but you all joined in... so its all your faults too ... O_O you can disagree but this is just retarded... (im not saying you guys are retarded... just do as i do when people make fun of me... or insult me... turn the other cheek...)... oh and im sorry for using the word retard...

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 11:29
Raven:
"just keep the attitudes in that forum and act like adults here!"
Uh, then you should go ahead and start acting like one. Starting this thread seems to be quite the opposite, by the way. Or is it more like, "Do as I tell, don't do as I do?"

Mentor:
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Ya, this is probably my problem too.
(And hey, do I see paragraphs in your post? )

Ogres have layers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:42:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:42:54