Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Retro Game Remake : Bruce Lee

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:38 Edited at: 8th Apr 2004 22:48
Gah looks like the upload failed - will try it again now :/

Edit : It has completed this time - 1699 KB - apologies for inconvenience.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 23:15
Only 1 word for your game : "WOOOOOOOW"

Can't wait to see what will follow

Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 02:02 Edited at: 9th Apr 2004 02:02
Cheers Freddix - getting to the hard screens now with triggers on them - here's the first of the subterranean levels - complete with moving particles and electricity (which is harmless in this version) :

Figure 1 : Electricity and moving particle belt working (electricity not dangerous at this juncture). The particle belt will change speed and direction too if you watch it.

This version available to download in the usual place (http://www.scouseknight.com/brucelee).

Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 08:23
New demo version to download now - usual place http://www.scouseknight.com/brucelee

For the first time I am uploading something with known bugs - nothing major mind - an odd thing when you collect the third lantern making your player take hit from an invisible ninja sword (?) and the second is not really a bug but some AI tuning I need to finalise.

Bad news out of the way - now the good news - level four is now complete - electricity and moving particle belt ét all - plus the two lantern triggers which remove walls.

This has been the hardest level to code as it breaks away from the simple collect and jump model of previous levels - but there are only two more differences to cater for now in later levels so it's looking good to be honest.

A special thank you to Freddix for his pixel perfect sprite collision function - I had to go down the sprite collision route for the lanterns, electricity and removable walls so the function in the Code Snippets saved me a lot of frustration - and quite a few lines of workaround code too - thanks a million

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 13:23
excellent will try it now ...

blaxkx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 15:22 Edited at: 10th Apr 2004 15:24
Looks good, he kinda looks like Lu Cane (Or how ever its spelt.) from Mortal Combat. lol Good work.
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 20:00
I've had a bit of a disaster - my source code has gone - I was trying to split it up into sections and use #includes to bring them in - I created a smaller section to handle the level loading and array population and it seemed to save okay - then I noticed my main source file had been renamed too so I had two files with the same name in the IDE (it was Blue I was using) - when I went back to re-save it as the proper name it had simple overwritten my main source with the wrong code - I am totally gutted - I had the seventh level all sewn up and was merrily moving on - now it's all gone - I still have all my graphics, sounds and backrounds but no cigar.

The rebuilding exercise begins as soon as I have stopped swearing :/

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 20:08
nooooooo !!!!!!

personnaly, to avoid that kind of problems, each time I add new features to X4 , I create a new drawer where I put a copy of the source code tou modify so I have backup ...

Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 21:58
Rest assured it's going to be backed up onto everything writable I have from now on!!

The questions of can and how have been answered now in that I know how to approach the game e.t.c. so it's not going to be as big as job as it perhaps sounds re-doing it - and I have plenty of shortcuts too now I have more experience with the language.

Soon have it up to speed.

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 22:36
F***ing hell! That´s worst piece of bad luck since... well...EVER! Wouldn´t it be nice if you could reverse engineer Darkbasic exes?

Libera tu mente y te liberaras a ti.
Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 01:26
It's my own fault - the renaming didn't help but at the time I was saving stuff I had a lot going on around me and it's so easy to lose concentration :/

Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 04:13
Maybe its still in the DBPro temp directory?

Scouseknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2004 06:40
Alas the version in there is very old - too old to warrant a rebuild from sadly - really appreciate the advice though.

A brave new version coming soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 23:04:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 23:04:22