Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Soul Shooter Online Multiplayer Walk Around Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 01:41 Edited at: 6th Apr 2004 01:42
While I'm multitasking between Soul Shooter Online and Tankie Tykes. I have been working on the mulitplayer code for SSO. It will be a Peer to Peer game, because I can't afford a sserver right now since
I'm only 15 years old. I have included a multiplayer demo where you can be the host or client, but all you can do when connected us just move the camera just look around the world. I have put one of the Tankie Tykes short levels to act as the world for the look around multiplayer demo. The limit for the maximum number of players is 16. To find out whose on your net game just hit the space button. Please test this out. If you have to, please post your ip address here and become a host, so I or someone else can see if this multiplayer code works. If you don't know your ip address do a yahoo search to find out your ip address.

[href]www.dbspot.com/thedesktops/multiplayer.rar[/href]
You will need WINRAR!
It;s an estimated 705kb file

Soul Shooter Online
Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2004 03:38
I am interested to see how this works, would you mind posting a screenshot so everyone can see the graphics?

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
i can't really explain it with a screenshot, but you can host a game and give people your ip address and then hit the space bar to see how many people are online.

Soul Shooter Online
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
has anyone test it out yet

Soul Shooter Online
Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2004 01:06
Yeah, I tried, but after I became a host there was just a blank screen for about 10 mins...So I closed it out, and then my PC froze up

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2004 20:02 Edited at: 12th Apr 2004 20:02
I will try to improve the code as soon as possible.

Soul Shooter Online

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 00:37:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 00:37:48