Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / image positioning app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 03:07 Edited at: 21st Aug 2004 04:56

download

Just a program that makes laying out images a bit easier than manually changeing values in source and compiling to see if you got it right. You can move the images about using the arrow buttons on the control window or by draging them with the mouse.

You can currently save/load the data and export it to a text file. I will add .dba export when I figure out the best way to do it. Full source code (needs bluegui) is included so you can add your own export code if you want.

shrink those dbpro exes
Create patches for your dbpro games
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 20:30
Hi the_winch,
must say this is great. On of those apps most people need at some stage but never get around to writing and this is really well put together.

The only problem I can see is that, as you can't pan around, you can't design a full screen the same size or larger than your current resolution (or if you can I haven't found that option yet).

Anyway very useful. Thanks.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:21 Edited at: 8th Apr 2004 22:22
Quote: "The only problem I can see is that, as you can't pan around, you can't design a full screen the same size or larger than your current resolution (or if you can I haven't found that option yet)."

I never thought of that, I use a laptop with a 1920x1200 display so didn't have a problem. I might be able to make it full screen and have the control window float inside it somehow.

you ain't the cops
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2004 00:18
Another useful program. Thanks!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 04:29 Edited at: 21st Apr 2004 08:27
I have just put in a full screen mode. The control window is replaced by a panel with all the gadgets on. Clicking the middle mouse button will position the panel at the mouse cursor.

You can control what mode the program starts in by editing the settngs.txt file. If there is no settings.txt file a msgbox will ask what mode you want. There are three options you can use in the settings.txt file.
ask
fullscreen
window

Download at http://winch.dbspot.com/image_pos.php

you ain't the cops
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2004 12:04
Great. Thanks
Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2004 02:10
Quote: "Clicking the middle mouse button will position the panel at the mouse cursor."

what happens if you don't have a middle button

Dragael Software
Current Project: 2D RPG Editor (DragnEdit 2D)
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2004 08:30
Quote: "what happens if you don't have a middle button"

The panel will be stuck at the top left of the window

I will put in an alternative way to position the panel when I next work on the source.

you ain't the cops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 13:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 13:39:01