Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Trillion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 16:33 Edited at: 8th Apr 2004 16:34
Trillion is my new project, it's like a space shooter, but based inside a small galaxy of asteroids that are being mined. The asteroids are the homes for a community of humans, and the community has grown to reach the bounderies of the entire galaxy. They have built all the recreational facilities of Earth, plus shops, and skyscrapers inside the asteroids. They also built factories to build their mining machines. But the machines were taken over by a self aware virus, like The Matrix. So some of the machines are attacking the communities. The machines are altering themselves, and are experimenting with biological add-ons. You are a trader, who owns a cargo vessel with some weaponry fitted. You travel from asteroid to asteroid to buy and sell goods. You have to clear away the self aware machines on the way. You get paid for destroying a wave of them. The travelling part is like R-Type, the trading part is like Elite. The story part is like The Matrix. It's 2D rendered, and Photoshopped. It's going to have animations happening everywhere, unlike R-Type's stationary backgrounds. You should be able to buy new ships and weaponry, and also scoop things up with your ship. There will be choices of routes also, and choices of asteroids to visit. When you pass from one asteroid to another you are not in space, they have built corridoors from steel between each asteroid, so you are never totally free to go wherever you want, but you do come to crossroads.

That's about it.

Pincho.

I am currently working on the backgrounds. You may have seen the Drill. Here.......

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=29315&b=4

Clacker
Years of Service
User Offline
The name Trillion is already used by a online chat program. Not that this is a problem just thought you might have wanted to know.
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:13
Yeah and if I remember correctly that was named after a character in the series 'hitchhikers guide to the galaxy'

'Ooh 'eck chief'...'crumbs'
Rage_Matrix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2004 22:16
Nope. Trillian is used by an IM client, but Trillion should be fine. Sounds the same, though, so you still might want to change it <shrug>.

BTW, Pincho....what happened to your Speedball-styled Breakout clone? Finished then? Download?

www.tronsoftware.co.uk
AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 180GB HDD, 512MB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR, Windows XP Pro, DirectX 9.0b
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "BTW, Pincho....what happened to your Speedball-styled Breakout clone? Finished then? Download?
"

I like to have a few projects on the go at the same time. Trillion is at the artwork stage, and Barricadium is at the programming stage. There is also Japers Capers which is at the Storyline stage. I guess this gives me more freedom to decide whether I want to program, draw, or write.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 16:04:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 16:04:01