Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Base Utility program template....commented and modifyable

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
IanM thought I should post this here as well...

This is a base utility program template. It is meant to serve as a easy to use/modify template for any utility type programs you might want to write in DBPro, or for any utility functions you might need in your games.

It does nothing as is, however it is fully commented, and combines many systems from the codebase into one modular type system. It features a single main file that is much easier to read.

You can remove components as you like, and should be able to add in as well.

It uses no dll's that are not already on the end users computer.

It features:
Menu system (via user32.dll)
Msgbox system (via user32.dll)
INI File support (via kernel32.dll)
Windows style GUI system
CRC32 checksum system
File system browser/selector

Again, Ive left full credit to those who created the original systems. I have just taken the various ones, put them together in a very clean format, and fully commented it for understanding and for those who want to remove some part or another.

Hope this helps you out if you are trying to do things other than games with DBP. Or even need a little utility in your game. Note, all of this can be done cleaner and smaller (final executable) with Visual Basic or C++ etc, but we are using DBP.

Let me know if you have questions,
Archaegeo
Archaegeo Enterprises
(Creator of the HCR system for NWN)

File available at
The CodeBase in complete applications, or
Utility Base:http://www.archaegeo.com/freefiles/UB.zip
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2004 23:19
Wow! You used my code!

I dont mind i hope someone has a use for this

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Archaegeo
Years of Service
User Offline
Nod, i left credit for everyone. I was just trying to make it so the various utility type plugins played well together. Also to make a nice clean main.dba where you can write your program and not worry with all the support code.

Glad i didnt offend.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2004 12:04
I presume you never saw my edited version of CrashX's menu system but anyway, it's a lot more user-friendly because it taps into the message queue and checks for clicks/etc. Have a look because you might want to adopt an approach more similar to this because it checks for clicks before popping up the menu.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:07:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:07:24