Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / XPlay Multiplayer Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Coders!!! I want to share a really good useful tool with you. I have realized that the NuclearGlory Collision Engine is the best collision system ever created for DarkBasic Pro. I have been on this forum since October 2003 and I've seen alot of issues about how to use the multiplayer code. So i have decided to write a mini multiplayer engine only for DB Pro. You can download a demo with 4 commands at my website. In order to use them, you will have to use the #include command in your program or games. You can edit the functions if you want to. Just give me some credit.

The 4 Functions

HitPlayer(playernum,damage)- This function can be for example if you are creating a battle/fps game. You would use this to take damage off your opponent's health.

SendDamageInfo()- You would use this function to send info about your health, stats, etc to yourself or other players.

SendLocationInfo()- You could use this function to send to other people where your current location is.

StandardNetwork()- This checks to see if TCP/IP is available.

Here is the link for download. http://www.dbspot.com/thedesktops/xplay.exe

You don't have to like the idea. I just want to make multiplayer easier. For each new version, there will be functions. I would like to hear some feedback good or bad. I will use a future version of XPlay for a future game like my current Soul Shooter Online Project.

Soul Shooter Online
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, no responds on this part of the forum yet. I'm pretty surprised

Soul Shooter Online
XPlay Multiplayer Engine
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 20:42
the thing is sending out a damage reading isnt very versatile you need to send out multiple variables and also,

i contacted nuclear glory about the idea of making a multiplayer dll and he said he was thinking about it so if you wanna see this dll as much as i do then bug him to make it :-P,

anyways, the main problem with multiplayer with dbp is the searching for net sessions no matter what i do i cant get a listing even if i have there ip i cont connect i dunno what im doing wrong tho, i can make it work over lan fine.

the actall sending/recieving data from other players is easy to do its just the finding the net games and being able to connect to them that is the problem for most people

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah the net sessions are the hardest. I'm kind of doing research on that. The people at DarkBasic didn't really explain the full features of Multiplayer. But I think the functions I created should be helpful. Hey DarkCoder do you have email. I want to talk to you more about the multiplayer issues.

Soul Shooter Online
XPlay Multiplayer Engine
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2004 23:06
its now under my sig in the contacts thing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 18:39:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 18:39:49