Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / What is 'The Qube'? DOWNLOAD THE DEMO, SEE SCREENSHOTS, THE LOT IS HERE!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 21:37 Edited at: 29th Apr 2004 23:59
Well, here it is @ last ! This was originally meant to be finished for the Alienware compo, guess i'm a little late huh! By the way, congrats to everyone that finished on time as well as the winners, finishing on time in itself is impressive!

<THE CONCEPT>
[EDIT 3: YES! , i got it eventually, thanks Spooky, images should be showing now!]

Main screenshots page:
http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/The%20Qube/Screenshots.htm

Ok, so What is The Qube, well in short, it's an addictive 3D Puzzle game, in slightly longer form,

The Qubeâ„¢ is a fun, challenging & VERY ADDICTIVE 3D Puzzle Game based on the classic PSoneâ„¢ game Kurushiâ„¢ (also know as Intelligent Qubeâ„¢).

In a variety of breathtaking backdrops, you must first select 1 of 4 characters from ‘The Diaeresis Fleet’ with varying abilities & speed to find out exactly take on the relentless wrath of The Qube !

You're mission, should you choose to accept it, is to eliminated all the safe qubes that come towards you! You must not let any drop off, and you must not touch the Black qubes! If you allow either of the above to happen, you may find yourself heading for a fall !

go to http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/TheQube.htm for an even fuller explanation!

<FEATURES LIST>
Key Features List (What you get for your money :

>A Selection of High-Octane Game Modes & Endless challenging
fun!
>Varied difficulty Levels & Modes of play for high level of
re-play-ability!
>More Fleet Members to Unlock & Unleash!
>More Floors to Explore & Qonquer!
>More Power Ups to Discover!
>Unlock all the Cheats & Secrets such as the 'Big Heads' cheat!
>Great 3D Graphics and Full 3D Camera control & 3D Sound!
>Lots of breathtaking Backdrops!
>Great Soundtrack to complement the addictive game action!
>*Force Feedback (Logitech or other supported device) Gamepad support for extra control & an enhanced experience!
>Free Updates & Patches!
>Free Help & Support via Email & Online!
>Improve your Family Life!
>30-Day Money Back Guarentee!

*If you have a Logitech Wingman Pro Pad , you can take advantage of the supplied Wingman Profile file in the main game folder (The Qube.wgp)! I need to clean up the force feedback, by the control benefits are flawless! Here's their link http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=11&CONTENTID=5021)

<THE DEMO>
I know there is a few bugs here & there, but nothing to prevent u from experiening what The Qube has to offer and the challenge it poses! Besides, if I don't finally release it now, I'll be working @ McDonalds or even worster, Ann Summers !

As far as bugs are concerned let me know if you find any, but bear in mind I am aware of most of them already, but I should of killed all the major (play preventing) ones already, I will place a list of these on the website soon:
bugs@theqube.eternalsyndrome.com

The demo allows you to play the first couple of Floors @ any difficulty level to give you a good taste of the Qube. You also can unlock a few things! Free Updates & Patches will follow, download the demo here:
http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/The%20Qube/Downloads.htm

Most of the features (70% of it) will require the poulty fee of £10! Yes, that's right, £10 (Around $17.66 / €14.95)!
Apart from the fact there is already a lot of qubing to do & features to unlock, there's still more to come in free updates, so you'll definetly be getting your moneys worth!

<MAKE CONTACT>
& finally, Thanks to everyone on these forums (either with code or online banter) as well as the game creators ltd that's helped get this thing to where it is today, and remember, it's only £10 (Around $17.66 / €14.95), so if you like it, want to see it grow or get cut around the edges, please don't hesitate to buy it and help my bank account get out of the red (-£3.59 last time I looked!) and into the black!

Any queries, suggestions, ideas, offers, spelling mistakes please let me know here or @ this address:
leroy@eternalsyndrome.com

regarding more screenies, info etc on The Qube:
http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/TheQube.htm

feel free to check out the website for more info and other in dev games & tell me what you think!
[href]www.eternalsyndrome.com[/href]

THANK U, GOD BLESS & QUBE ON!!!

Leroy Frederick - Director / Lead Designer
www.ETERNALSYNDROME.com - ETERNAL SYNDROMEâ„¢
“Play Your Emagination!�™
Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 22:07 Edited at: 29th Apr 2004 22:08
<FORGIVE ME FOR POSTING AGAIN, I DO KNOW HOW TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON, IT'S JUST MY [href][/href] links are not working! >

http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Images/Products/The%20Qube/The-Diaeresis-Fleet.jpg

DID'NT WORK!

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 22:26
Unfortunately this forum does not like links with spaces in it (that's the %20 bit)

Boo!
Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 23:08
@ spooky: thks, i'll try uploading them to another (non-space) folder and if that works, i'll probaly consider changing the main web page folder!

Anyway copy the links and paste in a window or just check out the website for screenies & download!

Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 02:22 Edited at: 12th May 2004 19:21
Hey everyone, sorry in advance, the bad news is the game might not run, the good news is i found the solution and it's only 700kb!

http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/TheQube/The_Qube1.01_QuickFix.exe

Download it, extract to the main directory you installed the game, then Qube!

Anymore problems, suggestions, bugs, feel free to let me know and i'll kill them , no offense to insect lovers!

M00NSHiNE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 16:27
Remember an old PS1 game called Kurushi...

Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2004 17:00
Yep, it's a sexy remake of it !

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 01:26
I get an
ESE Game Launcher.exe - unabe to locate dll
The dynamic link libary MFC42D.DLL could not be found
error.

i won't see you in the pit
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 01:59
thats a windows (Microsoft Foundation Classes) dll. Probably part of some runtime package - not sure which one

* DBP_NETLIB_v1 - VB.NET PLUGIN FOR DBP * Click Logo
Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2004 19:09 Edited at: 12th May 2004 19:25
@ the_winch: look @ the post above M00NSHiNE's, that will fix the problem until i release version 1.02!

Thanks for taking the time to download & try it

Here's the link again:
http://www.eternalsyndrome.com/Pages/Products/TheQube/The_Qube1.01_QuickFix.exe

look forward to every1's feedback! Now go !

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2004 19:54 Edited at: 13th May 2004 19:54
If you continue to end every sentence with an exclimation point I will kill your pets. With a shovel.

It's probably not a good idea to charge money for a game like this, because not very many people will buy it, if any at all. It doesn't look too bad (I'll get the demo when I get home), but definitely not something that people would normally buy.

Code Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2004 04:05
Quote: "It's probably not a good idea to charge money for a game like this, because not very many people will buy it, if any at all. It doesn't look too bad (I'll get the demo when I get home), but definitely not something that people would normally buy.
"

Y'never know.

Dragael Software
Current Project: 2D RPG Editor (name undefined)
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2004 18:44
Well I ain't gonna post any negative comments because it's a hell of a lot better then anything I could do. Well done on what looks like a very good game, I haven't downloaded the demo yet but is the camera angle shown in these screenies the only one you get?

PREVIOUSLY codemonkey 0gamemad0
ZOMBIES+SHOTGUN= FUN FUN FUN
Leroy Frederick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2004 21:30 Edited at: 17th May 2004 21:33
@ QuothTheRaven: Sorry! I'll try to limit them in future! This is the only pet i own .

"because not very many people will buy it, if any at all"

Try it, I respect ur view but i totally disagree, if it cost the same price as a PS2 or XBox game then you'd be right, but this is a 10 quid (sale price) game that has a lot of game play and gaming to be done.

From my research there are 2D games cloning each other @ the bucket loads being soled online on the regs, people even still buy solitaire for around the same price or more for nothing more then a few card customisation features?, in fact if u look at something like 'real one Arcade', most of these games are 2D and/or of lower quality.

If you look at success stories like popcap games, these are 2D games with addictive game play for the same price.

In conclusion, i guess you can say I’ve done my research in advance and if you're comparing the game to retail games, it may fall flat visually, if you compare it to what’s being soled successfully online now, it matches it if not betters it

I keep telling peeps, don't forget gameplay, gameplay, gameplay & again gameplay should always come first.

@ Code Ninja: Exactly

@ code2kill: Most definitely not, you can customize the camera to whatever angle you are comfortably with , in addition to that you also have a top down view which is also customisable . I'm considering adding another camera view for version 1.02/.03 which should be available this or next week, keep a look out

Thanks for the comments & downloads, all are much appreciated, keep the comments (good or bad, but more good ) and the downloads coming and give me gameplay feedback, controls, powerup suggestions, what u think of the camera views etc...

Thank u all again , now i'm off to add some finishing touches to version 1.02 , if you want something added before the release, the time to request it is now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 17:15:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 17:15:20