Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Space Corps Classic 2: Star Wars Special Edition [DOWNLOAD]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:21
This is a limited edition download and is not intended to remain permanently available for download. I am releasing this both as a preview of the SC2 engine and as a thank you to the TGC community.

Space Corps 2

Star Wars Special Edition

The file size is quite large so a lite version has also been produced for users on slower connections, there is no ultra-lite version although SC2 will probably have one.

This version of the game does not feature the strategy element as that still hasn't been written, it is a total conversion of the game to a Star Wars theme.

You can find out more about the game here: http://www.bansheestudios.com/games/sc2starwarsAbout.htm
You can download the game here: http://www.bansheestudios.com/games/sc2starwars.htm

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:27
getting full!

You forgot to read your fortune cookie. It says you're sh!t out of luck.
Welcome to the Electric Funeral!!!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2004 21:30
The start menu shortcut requires the "Start In" field of it's properties editing to work properly, a minor oversight for which I appologise. The game runs fine if you launch it via the program icon, the automated install launcher, and if you edit the icon properties of the start menu icon.

Proteus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2004 03:13
Been waiting for this Andy thanks

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2004 18:23
that's cool! one problem was that after playing about 4 games it exited as soon as i entered a new game

Also i found it too hard but mainly becuase sticky keys kept activating(XP) ...please change the fire button to space or something...

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2004 19:10 Edited at: 17th May 2004 19:11
Quote: "it exited as soon as i entered a new game"

I've had another report of this problem and I believe it is a sound related issue, some old sound cards also appear to be having difficulty loading all the sounds.

I have already produced a new .exe and am waiting on an afflicted user to report back to me and let me know if it cleared the problem before I update the download. For most people though it seems to be no problem.

If you dont want sticky keys on then why not disable it? (Control Panel/Accessibility Options). Point taken though, the full game when it comes out will have controller setup options but this preview edition is unlikely to see that - it'll only be up for download for about a week. BTW: Space is already used as a fire button, on the Millenium Falcon it drops a mine and most of the capitol ships use it too.

nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 00:48 Edited at: 18th May 2004 00:48
Hi Andy

The game does not work on my pc. I brower to the game folder and double click on the .exe. It loads the mpeg file, but when it displays Darth Vader, it exits the game with no error message at all.

Computer Spec:
P4 2.00 Ghz, 512 Ram, NVIDA Geforce4 Ti 4400, Soundblaster Live

Also the game is installed on the < D: > drive, rather than the < C: > drive if this makes any difference

Kind Regards

Nadeem

A Good Programmer never blames his tools
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:00
Installation directory should make no difference but I have had another user with a sound blaster live having trouble playing the game. I have an alternative .exe to try but am not sure yet whether it fixes the problem (no SB live here), perhaps I could email it to you ?

My email is andy@bansheestudios.com, or if you hold a few days perhaps i'll have confirmed the problem and have an official patch.

nrasool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 01:09
Hi Andy

Just sent you an email containing my email address; i can test the alternative .exe file for you to test out if it works on SBLive

Kind Regards

Nadeem

A Good Programmer never blames his tools
Nobody In Particular
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 08:15
I have a SB Live 5.1 card, and have not had any problems running the game, it might be a driver issue. I recently had to update my drivers to correct a sound problem when playing Farcry...

James Profitt
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 17:54 Edited at: 18th May 2004 17:56
Do tell. According to Creative, I have the latest drivers. When you fire up dxdiag, what does it say as the driver for your sound card? I'd volunteer to test, but I'm six hours behind and won't able to test until much later tonight.

I get something that looks like an emulator driver and I suspect that it is incorrect and perhaps something DirectX 9.0b did. Mind you it works during testing, but I don't think it works to the system's full capabilities.
--
TAZ

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 18:29
I will be launching a replacement .exe tommorow night with some major speed enhancements and it will include what I hope is the fix for the sound issue.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 19:48
Thanks, looking foward to the announcement.
--
TAZ

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2004 20:55
A little early http://www.bansheestudios.com/games/sc2sw/SpaceCorps201.zip.

This is v2.01 and features the sound fix and some speed enhancements. Lets see if this one works for those having trouble, all may benefit though, as the gameplay should be smoother.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2004 05:59
Well, it actually made things worse. But, I blame my crappy machine.

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2004 15:22
Hi Andy,
that was a pretty fun blast. I like the pure "Combat" style gameplay. I could possibly have done with a faster turning rate but other than that it handled really well.

Unfortunately my PC couldn't handle the larger battles but they did look great.

Also I used the later d/l but still had the problem with it exiting back to the menu after a few games.

The engine looks very promising. I'm getting more and more tempted to do my next project with 2D gameplay but 3D graphics.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2004 06:01
Fog,

Thank you

Zircher,

Quote: "Well, it actually made things worse. But, I blame my crappy machine."

Sorry Zircher I know you have been looking forward to trying this for your PBeM games, I ought not to mention this here but i've recently knocked up a similar game in Blitz as a learning exercise so you could try that: http://www.bansheestudios.com/games/sc2armageddon.htm. It's not as good graphically because i'm still learning, but the AI is far improved.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2004 22:50
That fact that the Blitz version works puts it head and shoulders above the DBP version. Hopefully, TGC can ID and fix the audio problems and restore my faith.
--
TAZ

History did not begin with PONG. -- Greg Costikyan

Game Beavers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 23:38:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 23:38:58