Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / What happened with that Dark Basic from the ground up book?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 06:41
Well, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I think it is most relevant here. Do any of you know what has become of that book, someone called Woolly Mammoth Games, and Vash the Stampede, was writing? The one about Darkbasic. Because I have checked the thread they started, but it is a long time since anyone posted there. Also the reason I'm asking, is because I have tried clicking the link that is in the first post, but it says something about that the account has expired or something like that. I really, really want to see that book.

AMD Athlon XP Barton 3000+ CPU, 1024 Mb DDR-Ram, Geforce FX 5600 with 128 Mb Ram, 80 Gb Harddisk, Direct X 9.0b, Windows Xp Home Edition. DBPro with upgrade 5.4
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 09:43
i ate it

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 10:04
did it taste good?

-Troan-

|)0 `/0|_| 5|>34|< 1337 ??
KC27
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, we are still working on it, but we plan to commercially release it after editing as it will be the only book for DarkBASIC PRO and it will also include chapters on Game Design, Nuclear Glory, and a few other third party things. When it is finished there will be a drawing for 10 free copies of the book.

Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 22:02
Quote: "it will be the only book for DarkBASIC PRO"

Not quite. TGC themselves are making one. It encompasses an entire new help file and system. And then there's a commercial one being released that gives litterally hundreds of example snippets and further *DETAILED* explanations about certain areas.

But, having said that, I'm sure that the two eBooks will be very different from eachother.

Quote: "we plan to commercially release it... will also include chapters on Game Design, Nuclear Glory, and a few other third party things."

I really do hope that you have permission from each of the creators of the third party sections by the respective creators, and you have it in writting, otherwise, you may get into trouble.

But, keep up the work, I want to see how you implemented certain ideas into the book.

Jess.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 23:56
and there is always that "dark basic for beginner's" book

Formerly known as "DarkWing Duck"
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 03:35
Quote: "When it is finished there will be a drawing for 10 free copies of the book."

sw33t! how can i be enterd ???

--- 7|204/\/ ---
|)0 `/0|_| 5|>34|< 1337 ?? !|= `/0|_| [4/\/7 ..........
/\/\#4#4#4#4#4#4#4#4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hoss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 05:42
There will be a post in the general forum about the contest when the book is finished.

There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their REAL earnings to the IRS.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 10:55
Quote: "There will be a post in the general forum about the contest when the book is finished."

...You working on the book now to then?

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Hoss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2004 20:52
Yes, so is Rich S and SmokieMcPot.....vash's programming pardner

There's no problem so large it can't be solved by killing the user off, deleting their files, closing their account and reporting their REAL earnings to the IRS.
Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 18:48
yep thats right

Cant give to much away though.

Create or Play? You choose!
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2004 17:15
Let us know when it is done and I will buy a copy of it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 13:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 13:23:28