Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The One , first and last Beta Test before the 1.0 ( + pics )

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 04:29 Edited at: 7th Jul 2004 06:16
do you remember this topic "making a small game in seven days " ?
on the teamrequest board ?? it was me ,
and a lot of time after that ,
the game is about to be finished !!!!

http://www.kijam.dbspot.com/theOne.zip

install instructions :

you must unzip the file into c:/
the exe must be in
c:/theone
its quite bad , and its to be fixed in the 1.0

i written this game for my art exam , and it gave me a cool rate ! ( 15/20 ) but as i wanted the game to be released on dbpro.com , it was very unachieved
i worked 6 days more on it , so as to make the game "presentable" for DBP .

so this is the pre version of the final game , the beta test for the version 1.0
i made it because i'd like to see how my game is , and to get some feedback from everybody!!

this game is not quite complex , but i worked so hard on it that i just can't get an opinion

actually , there is a lot of work to do , but... the main part of the game is now achieved ,
its playable , with correct graphics , not as good as it will be in the final 1.0 , but its
nearly that

here is what is finalized in the beta

- AI

- camera code

-main gameplay concepts , ( values to be fixed depending on
forum feedback )

- physics

- movings

and here is that i am actually working on :

- a better interface , with more 2d stuff

- improving the graphics , especially the characters
the final model is ready in my 3dsmax but i can't
get a corect biped exporter !! if anyone could help...

- re-thinking about the fighting part whitch is
not really good... ( count on your ideas too !)

check the readme for more details !

- what do you think of this game ?

about the gameplay ?
about the characters ?
did you finished it ?

- is the game properly running on your machine ?

what is your FPS rate ?
what is your machine ? RAM ? proc ? 3dcard ?
how do your machine feels when you hit the

- what ideas , suggestions , critics ???

i really count on you all !

A program is sensed to be a conventional mean to give orders to a computer and not being obscure,weird,and full of traps ,that is closer to magic stuff (Dave Small).
Filmmaker Screenwriter
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try it out later tonight and give you a full report. I have to browse the forums a little and then go complete some DB tutorials, so I'm booked for awhile.

Pentium4 3GHZ, 512MB DualChannel RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon 9800XT, SoundBlaster Audigy2, 120 GB HD.
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 07:33
It doesn't render the landscape on my computer.

Direct X 9.0
GeForce 3 Ti
Pentium III
Windows XP

Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 08:28
ooopsa ... forgot some quite important things !!

two things , then :

1) game rules and commands
see the readme file or then you,ll be lost !
2) install instructions
you must unzip the file into c:/
the exe must be in
c:/theone
its quite bad , and its to be fixed in the 1.0

wanna see your PC computing hard ? wanna rentabilize your highend 3d engine ? then hit the F5 key , whitch enable the panorama view , and shut off the clipping , 900 cells and 900 entities , + AI + collision = one frame a year !

TheOne 1.0 : Play it on TWO alienwares

exept that , see the game hints in the readme !
waiting for your feedback !!

A program is sensed to be a conventional mean to give orders to a computer and not being obscure,weird,and full of traps ,that is closer to magic stuff (Dave Small).
Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 07:16
some downloads ? is the game runing correctly on your config ?
comments pleaase !

Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 09:50
is it supposed just to be one big blue landscape? this game seems very buggy

- b00h
The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 11:37

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 12:26
I get a giant blue landscape as well. I think th problem may be in the 2000x2000 texture!!! it's like 11MB!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2004 21:59
it probably comes from an installing problem , see the posts below , you must unzip the main dir in c:/
anyaway , its maybe a 3dcard problem , but i doubt of so , 11 mb in 32 mb of ram ( the minimum in a modern 3dcard ) , its not a problem nowadays...

could i get your configs , monzi and wallaber ?

monzi : are you a metal slug fan???? iam ! searching for metal slug and shock troopers fans !

Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 05:36
so what ? is the game working ? are some guys have problems ? do you think its good ? opinions ? feelings ? comments ?
please i'm working on it so help me by giving me some feedback !

Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 06:36
I get a blue landscape to... to get to the mountain is kinda simpel and what's jumping for?
I think you should work more on the battle system and make fewer animals so the player is forced to battle some time.
the idea is nice but when your goal is reached nothing seems to happen . the game is adictive though, kept me bussy for 15 min without realising it

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 06:57
I like the idea, but it definitely shows that you only had a week to work on it. The animations were somewhat deformed, only half of the body moved, and the texture for the landscape was missing and replaced by blue. The battle system could have been really cool, but when it started all of the sudden it moved me someplace else and it took me a while to find the guy I started a fight with. Then I hit him about five times and he started trying to run away, so I spent another ten minutes beating him up.

But the weirdest part was when I was done with the battle I jumped up to see where the mountain was(hard to see without the textures) and my dude jumped so high he flew right out of the skysphere and another 10,000 units past that.

The gameplay is very creative, you just need to start spending some time on fixing it all.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 06:58
ok , thanks for your comments ! about the bug , did you followed the INSTALL instructions ? i need to know , because if you did , its a bug to fix , and if not , i can work on some other problems , the landscape displays ok on my machine , don'

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 07:15
Agh, , checked it and it unzipped it to c:\theone\theone, the landscape texture is fine.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: KillZone
Web Site Button Does Not Work, Visit Here: http://www.geocities.com/crazydonutproductions/index.html
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 09:19
My system config is:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP1800+, 1.54 GHz
RAM: 768 MB
Video: nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with 64 MB RAM

You should get an installer for it before you launch the final 1.0 version. But then again, seems like there is still some way before releasing the final version.
Get the Nullsoft Install System. Its free of charge and works like a charm and is conigurable in all kinds of ways.

Tiny Kitten Software -
http://monz.adsl.dk/tks/
Monzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2004 09:20 Edited at: 8th Jul 2004 09:21
Glog: i'm not a a fan of either of those two games. I just thought the avatar looked neat

Tiny Kitten Software -
http://monz.adsl.dk/tks/
Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 17:10
ok , working on it ! rsults soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:08:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:08:11