Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Rebel's Run - VERY early screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 11:42
Rebel's Run is a Star Wars themed shoot-em-up that I've been tinkering with for a bit. As you can see from the screenshots, it's VERY early in development. I am more focused on gameplay mechanics than eye candy. The explosions were made with ExGen (registered). The "asteroids" will be replaced with 3d models shortly. The xwing will be replaced with a better (and textured) version as soon as I can aquire one. This "level" is a typical top/down view but is not the exclusive view in the game. The storyline is written, the levels designed around the storyline and most of the music and sound effects are done. Anyway, thoughts on this early draft?

http://www.geocities.com/mlee31705/

PC Specs: AMD 1800+ 512M DDR, Radeon 128meg DDR - DB v1.13

To DB or not to DB............duh DB!
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2004 15:01
_Mike_,

Nice start. I like the STAR WARS theme

Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2004 04:00
Thanks Balid...I've added a screenshot of "level 2". It's a scene where you're fighting tie fighters. This level has a ways to go before it's really "playable"......

Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 12:51
Just posted 3 new screenshots of level 1 on the site. It shows the firing of a proton torpedo (now with smoke trail), an asteroid exploding, and a shield around the xwing star fighter(after respawn) as well as a new temporary asteroid model for a more realistic look. After a few more tweaks and maybe some additional features added, I'll release a small demo. Comments appreciated.

Mind Storm 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 13:43
Are that X-Wing shooting... missiles?

"Think what you like, You'll all be mine in the end."

[href]www.DotBinary.dbspot.com[/href]
Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2004 13:54
It's actually a proton torpedo. In this particular level and in the storyline, the xwing was damaged in it's last firefight and your lasers are offline. Your R2 unit is trying to repair them. You don't actually get to use your lasers in this level, but you do in others....

Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 11:37
Just thought I'd post an update. Level 1 is nearly complete. I only get 20-30 mins a shot to work on this when time permits, but I'm quite happy with the results so far. Here's what's been added:

- 4 different asteroid models
- limited # of proton torpedoes that you can use (set at 20 for now)
- certain distance you have to travel before you reach the end

Things to add:

- probably put some planets, nebulae, etc in the background for eye candy

- would like to throw in a HUGE asteroid "boss" at the end that has to be shot so many times before exploding all while it moves towards you. nothing major, this is level 1 afterall

- proton torpedo launcher has to "cool down" before firing the next shot

I'll get some more screenshots up soon and hope to release a demo so I can collect system spec data shortly...

Mind Storm 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 16:14 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2004 16:15
Oh well in that case try making them more red... last time I saw star wars they were red streaks that look that were in elongaded tadpole shape. From the screen shots they look like cluster bombs that are used against airstripes and personel

"Think what you like, You'll all be mine in the end."

[href]www.DotBinary.dbspot.com[/href]
Retro Addict
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2004 22:06
Yeah MindStorm, the proton torpedo graphic is one from the original DB models that came with the software. I'm looking for a more appropriate one to replace it. I also need a better X-Wing model, or someone that can texture the one I have now. Any takers?

Ooops, I left out one feature that I'm putting in the game....Joystick control...Now if I can just stop playing Firewall long enough to implement this stuff.......

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:25:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:25:30