Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Samurai game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 13:54
g'day guys now that im back i trawled thru the posts, and i found a neat link to an old samurai game, it has real low poly models but i love the samurai, its fully animated too, i havent started work on it yet cause i forgot how to code basic stuff but as sooon as i get started i should pick it up again. All im gonna do for now is just mae the fully animated character walk across a flat matrix with jump slash and dash commands. then afterwards i will alter the ground height, throw in some buildings, and hopefully with help i can make a 1 on 1 samurai showdown game shouldnt be that hard once i get basic movements down, all we would need is to figure out collision witht eh swords and multiplayer code, and we all know thats teh easiest coding to figure out :/ anyway hands up anyone who wants to help out. (here is the link to the site: http://domen.cx/darkbasic/)

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 14:28
So this means you are moving the project back to DB?

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2004 14:36
kinda yeah, but a bit different to the way theyh have it, im just using their models, i've got the samurai rotating around infront of the camera, and i even made a sound for his attack, i keep tryin to add the jump animation but i jsut cant seem to fit more than one animation in using the help files with db, so anyone who wants to help i've added the code im using atm. just chuck it back to me with whatever i need to add to make multiple animations, my brain is too tired to work it out, im gonan take a nap

* its not labled or anything cause im just running it as a test to get my head back into coding, but if you didnt know i've loaded the jump animation into 130 to 155 (im not sure how big the jump anim is so i said 25.) well good luck for anyone who gives it a go.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2004 15:47
There is something wrong with the way it runs on my computer. When I go to select a character, the screen spins around [B]really[/B] fast, although I am still able to pick a character. Then, when I enter the level, I was unable to move with the default player (the samurai I guess, it was really flickery). I then rebooted it, and picked the ninja. I tried to run to the left, and my character got stuck. I let go of the left key, but it kept trying to run to the left. I also could not attack, and the enemies and my self were running way too fast. I am new to DB programming, so I really don't have any suggestions on how to fix it. I am just letting you know!

Please do fix these if it is not just a problem with my computer (2.44 Ghz P4; 512 MB DDR; 128 MB vid card), as this game looks [B]really[/B] cool!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2004 21:38
yeah its cause your computer is way too good, i got it on min etoo, but i could still play, just at a fast pace that bewildered me.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2004 11:16
It does run very fast, but the controls are also screwy. I couldn't actually play the game. Like I said, I'm new at DB, so I don't really have any suggestions. Sorry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 13:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 13:22:14