Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark Fighter finished at last!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 10:01
I haven't gotten a chance to run the game yet (I am at work), but it looks great. I am interested in making a Mortal Kombat type game with video captured actors. If you may ever reslease some info on how the game is put together, that would be really great!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 10:20 Edited at: 30th Aug 2004 08:40
When you get a chance read some of the posts in the thread. MIR released the source code because there is a shortage of examples. Too coo!

IDIC (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations)
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 10:44
Oops! Should hve paid more attention! Thanks!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2004 02:50
Hehe I found a way to "cheeze" the computer. Well thats what we used to call attacking the opponent with out giving them a chance taking every unfair opening that the game gives to exploit the other player's vulnerability.

If you get the computer player in the corner and jump kick into them they cannot block the attacks and keep getting knocked down and soon after dies. It almost like first level in Capcom Vs Xmen you can roundhous trip the computer player over and over. Well it is fun only for the first couple of fights I guess. Just thought I'd share.

Brock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:48
hey Mir can you send me the resource to go to the code so i get some of what the code is for.
(s)

copyright @ Bigfighter 2004 http://www.freewebs.com/bigfighters/
Brock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 08:20
the media

copyright @ Bigfighter 2004 http://www.freewebs.com/bigfighters/
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2004 07:18
Yeah I was going to ask too about that.

We will respect copyrights of artist

I want to be able to put things in context when I see a file name an know what is being shown. Or what I should be seeing .

G'day

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 02:33
Well here they are. I haven´t bothered to include the sounds as they are quite easy to remove or replace and they were pretty crap anyway. The introduction is in there though.
They file is in rar format and is 2.5 megs big. I trust you guys to respect the copyrights of the artist
http://usuarios.arsystel.com/rowsellclan/dfmedia.rar

Little note on Dark Fighter 2. Keith (my bro or "the artist" ) is redoing all the media for it as he didn´t like the characters. I haven´t had much time to program it but I´m thinking of getting Dark Game SDK so I can learn C for IT class and work on Dark Fighter 2 at the same time. Just hope I can blag myself that 10% discount . We´ve decided that Dark Fighter 2´s oficial name will be Dark Fighter Super Hyper Turbo 2. Just to take the micky out of the Street Fighter titles

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Mr Anderson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 08:38
Thanks, and I look forward to part due

Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2004 13:21
I think the game is great. Good job, its has quite addicting gameplay. For all of you that want the intro movie to work, here is were you can get xvid. http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
Keep up the good work and good luck on the sequal.

<-Mason->

-D-B-G- (Dark Basic Gamers)
LordoFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2004 06:15
I got your game to work!!! It's pretty awsome man. But i have one question... When you die or beat someone, the sound it plays sounds like a burp... Is it? Well anyways, great job!

When it comes to programing, I'm on fire!
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2004 22:36
Quote: "When you die or beat someone, the sound it plays sounds like a burp... Is it?"

I wondered when someone was going to say that. You´re right, it is a burp. My bro did it as a placeholder and since we thought it was funny we decided to keep it.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you started working on a sequel?

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2004 18:30
Yes.
The engine is now up to the stage it was in DBPro but in DGSDK!. One new character has been started and the previous 4 have been scrapped.

Not much more I can say. I´m really waiting for DGSDK to be compatible with Dev-cpp so I can add some controls.(It uses glfw for the controls-allows for two pads to be run at the same time you see).

I could show you guys the scrapped characters if you want.

The perfect xmas present.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes please! I'd love to see any characters.

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 06:11
Ok. I´ve zipped them all up. The female character has gone missing somewhere, probably on the other pc.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Niceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 06:50
Hey, aren't you Purple Monkey on Pixelation? I recognized your avatar. Nice game, by the way.

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 23:56
Kind of.
My bro is Purple Monkey in pixelation. He´s sometimes here as well as me but I´m mostly me.
Thanks for the complement.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I didn't like Wong, I have a question though was he based off of Brad Wong from DOA:3? And were you REALLY going to have Neo in there?

They were nice sprites though.

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 06:09
He´s kind of based on Brad Wong. Keith was just thinking of a good character to have and he thought that an old drunken fist guy would be good. He was going to be chinese so the name Wong sprang to mind. Though it was probably due to amount of time he was playing DOA3 that the name Wrong came into his head.

Yes we were realy going to have Neo in the game. My idea I´m kind of a matrix fan you see. I just thought he would be cool in a fighting game.

¿Como estas you el dia de today?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 21:22
dude, that was sweet!!! I played with the two chicks. I kept getting hit cause I was staring at there large, bouncing, ummmm....power levels.

"eureka" - Archimedes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 19:35:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 19:35:19