Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tank Game WIP, uses walaber's physics wrapper, lots of screen shots, first beta version this wednesday

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 12:23 Edited at: 26th Jul 2004 13:34

This is my game WIP.

Nice map loader

See more screen shots and read about it on my website at http://luke.dbspot.com/tank_game.htm

What do you think?

Comments are welcome.

Beta version on Wednesday.

-----------------------------------
To delete the bug, delete the code.
Specs: Sony VAIO Laptop, Windows XP, P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 64MB video memory, DBP Upgrade 5.3.
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 14:17
Wow, that looks cool! Are you going to replace the boxes with real tanks?

Rush owns--> www.Rush.com ---> I'm going to see them Aug. 7
Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
Physics coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 15:47
yeah definately, when I find a free 3d tank model that can load into dbpro without problems

Specs: Sony VAIO Laptop, Windows XP, P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 64MB video memory, DBP Upgrade 5.3.
Nick Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 17:47
Drop me an email if you want some tank models as I have made a few that have never made it into a game as yet.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 18:07
Cool!

Reminds me a lot of Tanarus, which was one of the first online multiplayer games, and had lots of tanks in a 3D battlefield made from buildings.

It was fun to go up ramps and jumps too in Tanarus, so include them if you can.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
DeepBlue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 19:58
Lol I kinda like the blocks

Reminds me of another game as well ..might be DarkReign II for some reason not sure why. Glad to see your doing graphics last that means gameplay, gameplay & more gameplay

Good Work

DeepBlue

The coder formerly known as Twynklet.
Physics coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2004 23:48 Edited at: 26th Jul 2004 23:54
Thanks for the feed back.

Quote: "Glad to see your doing graphics last that means gameplay, gameplay & more gameplay "

yeah, I'm trying to make the game as fun as I can. after the beta I'll start programming the real AI which will allow you to sneak up behind a tank, as long as you stay out of it's fov, but if you start to shoot it, it'll be able to tell where the missiles are coming from.

Things like the shoot rate, shoot speed, how much damage the bullets give and lots of other fun variables are in an external txt file so after you try the beta, you can see how what happens when you double the shoot rate or increase how much impact force the missiles have on tanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:43:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:43:59