Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Virtual Tanks - First beta version, download now

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2004 08:55 Edited at: 29th Jul 2004 09:00
Hey, the first beta of my game is here for those of you who want to test and report bugs.
It's on this web page: http://luke.dbspot.com/tank_game.htm

Click here to download it directly: http://luke.dbspot.com/files/Virtual_Tanks.rar

Note, the following things are not programmed yet:
You can't add a bot during gameplay yet.
You can't be a spectator yet.
You can't turn the sound off yet.
You can't change the bot skill level yet.

When reporting bugs:

-Report them to Luke@tabanet.com, my email address.

-First make sure it's reproducible. I'll never find the bug if it happens once in a blue moon.

-Tell me how to reproduce it if possible.

-Tell me what map it was, if it was a map you made or a modified map, please give me the map.

-Tell me how many bots were playing at the time.

-Tell me what happened, did the game freeze? did your computer crash?

-Please show me a screen shot(s) if possible.

Thanks

-----------------------------------
To delete the bug, delete the code.
Specs: Sony VAIO Laptop, Windows XP, P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 64MB video memory, DBP Upgrade 5.3.
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2004 08:17
Wow !! this is cool, really!!! amazing how nice it plays very nice interface too

played map 1
2 bots
didn't crash ( works (VERY) fine)
FPS: 51

Nice A.I. too

syntax error??? it isn't an error, it is a feature

Physics coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 11:14
Thanks for trying it. The AI will be better in the next version, it'll know to get more ammo and health as needed. If you look in the data folder, there's "settings.txt". Open that and feel free to change things, like double the shoot rate or give the bullets more or less impact force. If you change the move and turn speed of the tanks, the AI should be able to handle the new settings without going crazy. The AI.txt file has the things the AI can say and the names the AI players can have.

Specs: Sony VAIO Laptop, Windows XP, P4 2.8Ghz, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 64MB video memory, DBP Upgrade 5.3.
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2004 15:19
I'm still out of town so I can't download it yet, but as soon as I get home (in a few days) I'll give it a good play!!!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Physics coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2004 13:00
Quote: " Drop me an email if you want some tank models as I have made a few that have never made it into a game as yet."

Hey Nick Igoe, I tried to email you but both times it bounced back saying there was an error, though I'm still interested in trying the tank models you made, if they can load in dbpro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 12:14:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 12:14:14