Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Spy Hunter::Lawless 05

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 00:48 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 03:22
Welp, I'm finishing up my game Lawless 05, a remake of Spy Hunter. The game plays excactly the same, just that its in 3D. You still get your machine gun, smoke screen, oil, and smokescreen. As of right now, there are 5 civilian car models, 2 motorcylcle models, and 5 enemy models(if you count the cops), of which will each be colored differently, to make an endless amount of vehicles and add to the variety

The name Lawless 05 comes from the fact that if you destroy too many civilians (oops,lol), then the cops come after you. I just need to figure out a way to string the levels together, and need to add a few features like helicopters and loading into the Vans. I also need to touch on menus and such, but I'm basically finished with the game programming as everything works pretty well.

The most I've managed to get is an even 42 FPS, with 34 FPS when it gets, how shall I say, busy , lol. My comp is really bad, so it'll be faster on mostly everyone elses computer. The way I got it so high is that I removed all of the For Next loops and replaced them with a single For Next, which actually speeds things up (especially when your repeating a total of 100-150 things in one Do Loop!!).

I'm going to need people to test if you want to, as soon as I can get my websight up at DBSpot(I need to wait like 48 hours), but for now, all I can do is show some screenshots I got running on geocities. I tried to zip it up and put on geocities, but I got my game Binary there and for somereaon won't let me put there, even though the .zip for Lawless 05 file is less than 1MB!!! Oh well.

The pic shows some of the AI I got working, The temporary Police(behind me, shining its red/blue lights, right now red) ramming into my side throwing of my shooting aim (lol, though I was missing before he hit me, got bad aim lol). The car infront of me has sparks flying off due to the fact that I shot its back wheels and its draging its tail on the floor, though at the moment, its in mid bump, though it usually drags its tail. And then theres the motorcylce up there doing a wheelie, of which I easily pushed it off balance (always fun to do ). It took me like 10 min to get the right snapshot, but here it is...

[href][/href]

Again, I'll have the demo up real soon, like within the end of the day or early tomarrow, as soon as the DBSpot sees verifies my webspace.

Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 03:25
Fixed it, still waiting to get the demo up though

Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 04:24 Edited at: 4th Aug 2004 04:26
Quote: "We have over 8 Terabytes of bandwidth! "

OMG!!!! Thats a whole lot. Thanks for this Mistrer Mold Rat. I'm gonna add a few more things first. I'll have it up soon, till then, another screenie
[href][/href]
-added smoke(which turns darker the more damage it has substained) and brake lights

Mitchell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 05:18
Looks great! Put in a skybox/sphere there, It'll look even better

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
- Shigeru Miyamoto
Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2004 06:27
Hmm, it runs slower now, ALOT slower, don't know why though... my computer is slow as it is, but still.... ah well, heres what it looks like
[href][/href]

Carlitos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2004 04:49
LOL, I'm still here and working on the game, I just really want to make sure that the demo is worth the download, so I might still need another day or so...

Powersoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2004 17:43
well done for taking that attitude

Create or Play? You choose!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 10:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 10:27:09