Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / LOTR, Harry Potter or Die Another Day?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 23:10
Vote for your favourites!

My opinions:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - Masterpiece, epic, etc. etc. Overall: Damn good!

Harry Potter: Not as good as LOTR:TT but still charming in a way and good fun to watch.

Die Another Day: A stunning vista, every twist and turn predictable but impressive, certain elements stood out but they were all good... but enough about Halle Berry's curvacious body - The film was action packed.

I liked all three but in order of preference:

1) LOTR
2) Bond
3) Harry Potter

what does everybody else reckon?
NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 23:42
Neither - I'm waiting for the Star Trek film

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
Oh my, yes...
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 01:03
New star trek looks good. I only saw bond out of those 3 but it was great.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 01:22
Can't be bothered to see Bond myself. Anyone know when Matrix 2 & 3 are supposed to be released ?

Oh my, yes...
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 01:56
My favourite out of those films has got to be LOTR:TT. I hate Pierce Brosman, way too up himself.

Not sure about Matrix 2 release, but any fans out there of Arnie should be pleased to hear that Terminator 3 comes out next year July. Looks very cheesy, but since they still have the big man in it, I won't be able to resist watching (you have to admit has last movie Collateral Damage was pretty crap). The new Star Trek film looks promising, I was watching the preview on Apple.com and there was some damned nice CG work in it.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 02:00
LOTR anyday!!!!!!!
just seen star trek nemesis and it rocks! best one yet

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 02:02
Yes, Terminator 3 does look good. Star Trek does too...

Oh my, yes...
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 03:16
I watched Die Another day a week ago on Kazaa, and I just finished watching Harry Potter 10 minutes ago. Both Great Movies! And over Winter break my dad is taking me to go see LOTR, so I am actually seeing all 3 of those! Right now I would recommend the two I've seen because they are both great!

AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 06:22
i say bond... =\

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 15:27
Terminator 3 in july? Cool!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 21:05
yeh t3 looks awesome... i saw something about a completely 3d terminator made a long time ago... they said it only lasted 10 seconds... with a ton of film ... *shrugs*...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
lotr is still the only Truth and Enlightment

fire, fire, fire
-"Cornholio" alias Beavis
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 15:02
First: LOTR
Second: (A tie) Bond and Nemesis (which I thought was very good... too bad they didn't show the betazoid wedding :p )
Third: Potter

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 20:50
Oki haven't bothered 2 answer this till I'd seen all 3 properly not on poor pirated vcds...

LOTR - Good. No wait - Great.
Bond - I know its kinda the point but its too Bond like! Generic, lazy, obvious product placement, and Brosnan is looking too old now. Still - nice set pieces and some truly awe inspiring stunts, which I spose is all that matteres
Potter - Good cameos and character acting. Mr "this week I have been mostly eating" was cool, as was coltrane. Not really my thing tho, and it seriously scares me that I'll probably find that girl attractive in a couple of years j/k

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 21:57
Bon definitely.

Merry Christmas to all Apollo members!
Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 01:33
I have seen only Die Another Day but that was one movie I'd sure want to watch again. Very entertaining to say the least

thy boss
JasonB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 06:56
LOTR - by far
Bond
Harry Pothead - it was boring

Current Projects:
Lair Of The Beast: 25%
Space RTS: 3%
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 09:11
LOTR - No competition
To be honest I don't like the other two so they are tied last :-\

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
http://dblow.34sp.com/kousen
Kyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 04:23
LOTR owns, o yeah. It can't be compared to the rest. (well, I can't compare it to the others since i never saw them)

frostyrootbeer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 08:16
Most decidedly LOTR, you cannot make comparisons between LOTR and the others, whenever you do a scriptwriter dies.

words to live by.... Newsgeek.tripod.com
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 14:42
@JasonB:
Is it Gomer on the picture? I like this cartoon, "Simpsons" are still one of the greatest work, i ever seen!!!
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 21:47
I was bored one day and cause I know the cinema manager, me and my best mate went to see all three movies on the same day.
I loved Harry Potter the best, cause the story was funny and looked really realistic and I'm a big child at heart,oh and instead of dying they were petrified(frozen),lol!

Then Lord of the Rings, cause it looked amazing but it was too computer animated in some places (like legolas fighting) I mean the movie overall was amazing, but could have been better. It made me wanna visit New Zealand. Anyways I've just got the PS2 game LOTR's the two towers and I love it!! Did you know that some Americans actually wanted the name 'The Two Towers' changed after Sept 11, I mean the book was written in 1954 or something, so trust the Americans to overreact!!

Then James Bond - I mean I'm not saying it was a bad movie, it was just soooo predictable. I've seen every bond movie and they are just all so similar now. I liked the Madonna song though. I actually prefered XXX to James Bond, (maybe I'm just biased cause of Vin Diesel).

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:01
I heard that too, the whole twin towers/two towers thing - Not sure how they could have gotten away with changing such a loved classic

YES the PS2 game is really good, especially considering most liscenced games are awful. It was a nice surprise

Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
Bond is great because it's so predicatable. No clever plot that'll melt your brain, just good ole fashion guns & toys. I've not seen the latest but I know what to expect and doubt I'll be disapointed.

Prefered LOTR:TT over Harry Potter, but enjoyed both.

How about favourite movie of all time? That's a tough one - I'll have to sleep on that
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 13:26
MMmmmm Pulp Fiction? Grease? Casablanca? Exorcist? (Eclectic selection I guess but all classics)

Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly would be near the top for me for sure.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 18:15
(maybe I'm just biased cause of Vin Diesel).

given the only reason that you watch Buffy is cause of Spike I would guess so about Vin Diesel (mind you, we only watch Buffy cause of SMG - I really wish the script writers would hurry up and introduce a lesbian vampire with the ability to seduce anyone she wanted mmm....)

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 18:15
... oh hang on, that probably happened in Brookside before anyway.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 20:59
lol @ Shader Yeah all the women/girls in Buffy are fit! BUT I actually really enjoy the show, the script writing is pretty tight and the series have showed a progression and variation, so I am not yet bored of the format

Saturday Night Fever is a much better Movie than I expected, I just watched it, and its actually quite edgy! I wouldn't say best Movies of all time, but I really love Scream 1, Lock Stock, Go, Trainspotting, Something about Mary and others

Back on actual contenders, Ummm how about Empire Strike Back, GodFather II, schindler's List, Shawshank, Clockwork Orange...?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 00:33
"so I am not yet bored of the format"

The world's most sexy girl wearing tight tops while viciously stabbing evil vampires is not exactly a format which men will tire of quickly.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 13:07
lol Ok but personally I think she looked a lot more attractive in series 2 to 3, she's to thin now. Anyway there are plenty of programs with women I think are gorgeous but I still can't bear to watch cos they are so badly scripted and acted. Buffy doesn't come under that category

Plus I have actually read scripts and books (I belong to a book club and they were only £1 each ) and they still hold up well with the delectable SMG

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:05:12