Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Terrain Media Generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 18:54 Edited at: 21st Sep 2004 16:05
I decided to give this program away for free. Use it if you find it useful.

http://zac-interactive.dk/applications/TMGv1.2.zip

No support is give for this, and there is a brief description of its use in the package.
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 19:48
Hey, thats great, really!
Now nobody is going to buy the Texture Generator from TGC!
Great work.

God is real, unless declared integer.
Spaceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 06:20
Hi,

sorry, but my complete system crashed after starting your EXE!!!

Thank you!

www.LunaLander.com
Joncom2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Now nobody is going to buy the Texture Generator from TGC!
"

I think your alittle bit out there since this makes Terrain media such as Heightmaps, Colourmaps and Shadow maps, you can also use textures on the colourmap for extra detail.

It's a great little program that as well as randomly making a heightmap also allows you to draw your own and can porduce a colourmap based on the heights you set. Great for outdoor scene's.

Thanks for sharing it Zawran
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 18:40
You're right, I didn't mean that texture maker, but that upcoming expansion pack by TGC, which should be doing something similar to what this program does, if I'm informed right .
But that one is free, so I'm sticking to that one.

God is real, unless declared integer.
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2004 16:23
Thanks guys, I am pleased that you like it. As far as support for this, I will ofcause correct any bugs you might find.
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 15:52 Edited at: 21st Sep 2004 16:05
I have made a small update, 4 new transitions for the transition generator.

Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 11:12
that is pritty slick.

even I could figure it out with a few shots of vodka in me allready!

Old coder, returning to DB (DBP)
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 16:23
Nice to know that someone is trying it out. If anyone have suggestions for changes / additions I will consider making them as I am a bit stuck with my other projects and have some time available while I figure out how to get on with them.
wyrleywolves
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, but I can't download from the link.
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 16:30 Edited at: 16th Sep 2004 16:31
I have just updated the link in the first post in case someone tried to use that one which didn't work. Now both links shown should work.
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 00:09
Thanks for releasing it free. It is really useful.

Realms Of Tutopia: Rise Of Evil v0.2
www.freewebs.com/elbsoftware/index.htm
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 16:23
No problem, I made it for a project I started on, but then the project changed to exclusively indoor stuff and I thought that someone else might get some use of the time I had put into this. If someone have used it to produce something, then please post an image for others to see.
LoKiDeCaT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2004 17:46
I opened it, loaded two textures, chose my gradient, hit "create" and it just crashed the program. Tried muckin' around with other settings.. and no dice.

In theory, looks like a fun useful program, but as far as I can see... won't do me any good since it keeps crashing now. I'll keep my eyes out for later builds.

Thanks.

Loki D'Cat - Modeller, Composer, Animator
Nerdsoft Creations
Scarlek
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, this one's going onto my collection of usefull tools CD.

Question though,

The textured colourmap generator. Do the 8 texture images need to be a specific size like 128x128 or something?

With my current collection of images, 64x64 I get a weird patchy effect... kinda like a load of farm patches on a field but worse looking and less crop

Other than that and the once in a lifetime crash whilsts toying with the top left features (forget the name), it's a real neat app.

Thanks for sharing it!

- Creating Games even I would play -
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks really nice
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2004 17:04
@LoKiDeCaT, what was the size of the textures?

@Scarlek, I haven't tested it with that small texture sizes, I will do some testing and correct the code if something is wrong. I have only tested it with 192x192 and up.

I will post the results of my test and a new link if I manage to fix the problems you guys are having.
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2004 16:04 Edited at: 21st Sep 2004 16:08
I believe that I got the transition generator bugs fixed. And I have added the option of selecting fixed tile sizes in the power of 2. If you select custom, then the rendersize will be determined by the width of texture 1.

@Scarlek, I didn't get time to look into the textured cmap and image sizes. I will see if I can find some time tonight to see if there is a problem there.

Thanks to all for feedback so far.
Rennekon
Years of Service
User Offline
Great stuff, keep up the good work!

John "Dark Lord of Angel Destroying Destiny" Pringlebee, maybe?
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
This is very,very impressive, Zawran.. It works. I am using it,it doesnt crash and is fast.

Any hot key to close it ?

Write up a manual and tut for this and i'll forward a donation via paypal or a reasonable fee. This should be made shareware.

I hope you continue developing this.

- This message is made of 100% recycled bits and bytes
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2004 21:05
@x1b, thanks for the praises. I might develop this even further. I have, after making this, made an expanded Transition application that I am thinking about releasing with 32 different transition options plus a loader for a custom transition image. It also have adjustment options for RGB, brightness and contrast prior to generating the transition tiles. It should be able to handle any size of images regardless of width and height. I will post a demo version here later on.

You should be able to hit Escape if the program is in focus to exit it. I am glad to hear that someone have found it useful and its in actual use. If you have any suggestions for expanding/changing anything then please feel free to send me an email at info @ zac-interactive.dk and I will look into what I can do.

I would like to know what type of project you are using it for and wouldn't mind seeing a few shots as well.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm developing a cross theme 3D First Person POV, SciFi/Medival Fantasy MMORPG (i'm a perl sockets programmer and love working with TCP/IP,UDP,ICMP and other related networking protocols).

At this moment i'm working on my world. I'm starting with a winter (snow) land scape that is complete with snow crunching sounds as the player moves and cold blowing winds. I'm Fighting to get a snow fall happening.

I'll post pictures after first character is modeld and skinned.
Right now the matrix was textured thanks to your program.

Besides the manual and tutorial ? I'd make the digits incremental via direct input as opposed to having to click to DEC and INC them.

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 15:20
Your project sounds interesting. As far as the direct input, then I am not sure I know what you mean by that. This program was made with blitz and without any windows api gadgets, so all the gadget control is hardcoded into the application. One thing that I might not have mentioned is that if you right click a spinner gadget then the numbers will change faster than if you left click it. Not entirely conventional but it was the best idea I had at the time.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a bit more convienient. I'm just one that likes to be able to click in the box and enter desired ranges.

zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2004 21:30
I have been thinking about trying to change my spinner gadget so that it would allow typing in the numbers as well. I will put that on my to-do list again and give it another look.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 18:50:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 18:50:58