Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Problem making final EXE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I'm having trouble making an EXE (with media) in DBPro. Even when I add all my media files to the "Media" list, after I build my EXE and PCK files, they crash with missing media errors... and the files they're crashing on are IN the "Media to Include in EXE" list. My source and media files are in the same directory, so I know it's not a path issue.

Any ideas?
deadlyduck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 20:15
what media files? I have had the same problem with Icons and sometimes 3ds meshes, haven't tried any sound yet so can't comment on that
djlaptop
Years of Service
User Offline
I assume it's all of the media files, but the first thing loaded is an image and that's where it stops, so I can't be sure after that.

Super Teo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 20:59
Djlaptop, there seems to be a bug or something when the media is in the same directory.. you cant just add *.*, you will have to add every singel file if its in the same directory as your .exe
I recommend to have your media files in another directory. I find it easyer that way and you dont have to add every single file either.
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 21:10
This is true. When you are coding your project bring all of your media etc.. into your project folder and then add them using the media list. This cures a lot of other problems too.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
djlaptop
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried moving all my media into another folder and adding them all manually. Still doesn't work.

Are you sure the wildcards don't work? I'm currently migrating another project from DB1 that has over 400 media files, and it takes nearly 20 seconds for the media dialog to come up!

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2002 14:07
What is the path to your Media?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
djlaptop
Years of Service
User Offline
Path to source = C:\Projects\3DTest\
Path to media = C:\Projects\3DTest\Media\

When it didn't work, I even tried opening up the .dbpro file in notepad and added the path to media manually.

It looks like it's creating the files correctly because the approximate filesize is correct. It's just not able to "find" them at runtime.

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2002 19:51
It wants to be something like this

media\pics\mypic.jpg

so lose the c:\projects\3dtest\

deadlyduck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2002 06:12
Just been making a screen saver and come across some strange errors

1. you need to click the move media to folder, If you don't even if its in the same folder the attached media will think it's somewhere else?

2. If you use encrypted data my 3ds's loose there textures

3. I have a Big .jpg as one of my backgrounds, It's included in the media, dosn't crash out with unloaded, but dosn't paste to the screen in the made exe, well it sorta dose, It pasts ta light blue background in instead (and the 'backdrop off' is included)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:41:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:41:38