Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / drawing on top of sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone. I've been working on a 2d map editor for the last week or so and I've set it up where you can load a tile set and it will display the tiles in a preview window where you can select them and put them into the map, etc. When I did this I decided that it would be nice to autoresize any tileset image to fit the preview window perfectly. I was able to accomplish this by turning the image into a sprite. After doing this I ran into a problem though. My menu items will no longer draw over the tile preview window like they should, instead they draw behind it. Sooo on to my question. How can I draw on top of the sprite or over it in a sense?
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:03
If you're using DBPro then Draw Sprites First might point you in the right direction.

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
Xsniper
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried that but its still drawing the sprites above my menus. The help file says that the "draw sprites first" command ensures that they are drawn before any 3d objects, sooo thats probably why its not working. The menus and such are all made up of pixels drawn to the screen essentially so I guess that has something to do with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:39:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:39:06