Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hmm... Moving 3D objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have tried to move 3D objects using the MOVE OBJECT command (for now I am moving on the x and z axes, ignoring the Y) and they just bounce all over the screen uncontrollably. I have tried the same thing with a basic 3D movement algorith I have made from my limited trig knowledge:
position object 1, Object position x(1)+Cos(Object angle z(1)), Object position y(1), Object position z(1)+Sin(Object angle z(1))
It produces the same effect. What am I doing wrong? It is something involving the camera? Thanks
Boegiboe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 23:13
Just try this to start with:

make object sphere 1,10
do
move object 1,+0.1
loop

If we could strike, I guarantee you there would be martial law.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 10:20
As you know, moving objects using the Move Object Command moves the object in the direction it is pointing. So, trying rotating the object in a desired direction. And when you say it bounces uncontrollably, do you mean that the objects move without your control? If so, then try using the If-Then command, like:

Asri Crew

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:25:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:25:43