Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / N00B library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 19:31
After reading a lot of the posts in this section of the forum i am considering compiling a set of self-defined functions for newbies to use without nessecarily understanding them. They would be put into a dba file and anybody could use the includ command to use the functions. I would make a user-manual which explains all of the commands used and how to correctly write them without the library. The only problem is i dont know what some new people are having trouble with. Can some people place suggestions for functions i could include. I have decided to use

3rdPerson(object number,distance,height)
flightcamera
mousecamera

any more suggestions?
If you forget one little thing i shall have you shaved sterilised and destroyed: Jeffrey Goines
Boegiboe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 17:05
I would suggest an automatic collision box creating function - I've tried a couple of times to do this but it isn't entirely accurate basing the collision box on the size of the object for some reason.

If we could strike, I guarantee you there would be martial law.
rockabillypete
Years of Service
User Offline
When you first start with dbpro the manual is not much use at all. Is is not as good as the db manual. Simply things that are clear to understand. rem statments in them would be good. tuts how to put score into program. movement loading ie sound, pics and so on. gosub .I hope this helps as im a new user to dbpro. it would be good

music is life
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... a function that would take in x angle, y angle, z angle, and velocity, and then return the amount of space needed to travel in each direction.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:56:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:56:26