Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d modeling?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 04:50
I am intrested in 3d modeling, but don't wish to spend loads of money on expensive programs (Ie 3ds max ). Are there any good free ware modeling programs that have, comprehensive tutorials for begginers? Is there anything I can just get my feet wet with?
Thanks for all your help
words to live by.... Newsgeek.tripod.com
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 05:06
Many have said it before, far too many to count, Milkshape. Though not free there is a 30 day trial, besides it's like $20. So far it's the easiest 3D editor I've tryed, though I've yet to get into animating.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 06:54
if i may suggest, go to http://www.povray.org and look up a program called SPatch. It is a great interface. The only problem is you have to have a way to turn it into a .x file. I use milkshape demo.

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 12:27
well, dont get me wrong but you can grap an illegal copy of any expensive (very expensive which noone can afford) software from some file sharing programs (kazaa,imesh, i advice the new edonkey client "emule")easily.

secondly, if you like those software,just buy the original copy

my personal favourite is gmax. ( www.discreet.com)

ozzie65
Years of Service
User Offline
Try anim8or.

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 10:39
I've seen Milkshape and would have to agree that it is a very nice program. If you don't mind spending a little money in the future though, you might want to try out TrueSpace AND Milkshape. Truespace has a lot of features that I love messing with and you can also edit your models directly in 3D mode so you can get instant effects. Plus, I'm working on some currently freeware products to make TS MUCH more compatible with DB. Texture UVing and Materials are no problem anymore in DarkBasic with my new program (sorry, had to advertise a little )

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 09:00:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 09:00:55