Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Some info about my CPU...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry this isnt really about programming, but since im a newbie in building pc's, whats the difference between socket 462 and socket A? I have a 750mHz Duron, and im wanting to upgrade to a 1.3GHz Duron, but everywhere I go to buy one, they all say socket A. Im not sure of the make of my mobo, but the socket says 462 on it. Would I be able to use the 1.3? Thanx in advance!!
pagio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 00:41
look first take a look at your motherboard manual and see if you motherboard suports duron 1.3(there should be a board were all suported cpu's are righten.
2)i dont now the names but at your position (1.3mh)the cpu must be like a chip with many legs or like a cartridge.
take a look at your cpu and the cpu that you want to buy and compare them.but if you motherboards manual says that your motherboard supports the cpu that you want to buy(1.3 gh duron) then you dont have any problem.i dont think the same cpu exist in the 2 types 0bove

Dont forget the retro games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 03:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 03:28:10