Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / HOW To : Space craft movement?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 12:10
hi folks,
first of all id like if anyone can show me or give me an idea how to move a spaceship smoothly with acceleration and deccalaration,
secondly id like to learn how to fix the camera right in the cockpit of my 3d model with pivot points and or if any way else possible..i made a very detailed cockpit view inside
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guy,
I cannot help you with your camera because I don't understand how you want to do it, but .. ... oh, I have an idea .. if your cockpit is the object 1 :

I hope that it will work, and if it doesnt, I hope that it will give you an idea
and for the smooth, there was a good code in this forum, but I don't remimber where. If anybody remimber where, tell him

I'm following John, but I'm not john.
Lol, it is funnier in french
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 22:41
Here's the answer to both your questions, some fairly complex space flight code, and also some cockpit code. The cockpit is locked to the camera, I'm not entirely sure how you would rotate it to look out at different angles, probably using some object rotate code. I haven't worked that out yet. You can use the code in your games, but I'd like a bit of credit.

CuCuMBeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 12:56
thanks for interest guys,
TheDarthster,your code is what i was exactly looking for

ive one more little question, do you have any ideas how to keep the cockpit steady but just turn the pilots head around with numkeys forexample? do i have to make this cockpit an extra object and make limbs or whatever it is?

by the way im not really making any games, im just having fun but ill be thankful anything you teach me

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 00:03
To rotate the pilot's head, you need to make a single cockpit object, make sure the pilot's head is at 0,0,0, position the cockpit at 0,0,0 and lock it on, then just rotate it and the view to match the pilot's head rotation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 03:27:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 03:27:10