Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do i put scopre into game and a high score.
music is life
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
it's easy :
when you win, you inc your score :
inc score,1

and to make a highscore :

and if you want a name with the highscore, it's easy : make a second array ( highscorename$(1) ), and under "save array "score.dat",.....", write :

it's easy

I'm following John, but I'm not john.
Lol, it is funnier in french
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 15:18
About what score do you asking?
rockabillypete
Years of Service
User Offline
im big starwars fan as well
cheers

music is life
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 19:20
learn what a variable is.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 06:00
Do you post here every time you run into a question!! TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!! When you have an idea, dont post here how to do it!!! AT LEAST TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMON!!!

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
rockabillypete
Years of Service
User Offline
Im sorry that some of you feel that me and maybe others users ask so many questions. I always try before asking. I look in book then try code then look for examples which are not very good. Then i try looking on forums and on web. but if i dont find what i want then i thought this was the place to ask question. When you know something it seems easy, but when it don`t work then you need help. Every question i have asked mybe someone else will see my question and think great i dont need to ask that now. So it may help others. This is a new prog forum is it not. i asked a question about sprites but then run into different problem so i asked a different question linked with it but different. I hope anyone reading this understands what im trying to say and not haveing ago at anyone but somtimes i feel some users think neebies are below them. Well we all start somerwhere. I am geeting somewhere and all the stuff ive done works thanks to anyone that takes to time to read and help others.
may the force be with you.
Pete

music is life
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 16:02
OK. But there is one thing you need to know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the enter key is your friend

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 22:08
Ok, I've yet to even test this but I know what to do, hell Don't even have DB yet and I know. RPGamer is probably Pissed cuase it's a real SIMPLE QUESTION.

Ok, fisrt start with two var, (not proper terms, but you should figure out what I mean) 'highscore' and 'score'.

Now ,say if you shoot a badguy, in the code for his death animation add a simple 'score = score + 100' or however many point you want.

when it's game over do:

IF score > highscore
Then highscore = score

Then just Print 'highscore'

Simple huh?

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 07:48:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 07:48:51