Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Project64

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 23:36
1.5 build52 has finally been finished and released...
anyone who'd used PJ64 1.5 when it was first released about 4months back will know that it was buggy as hell, but the speed increase and number of games it is capable has increased greatly.

In fact i've tested this update on my Laptop [Celeron600|256Mb SdRam|GeForce2 Go!32 (41.09)|DirectX8.2]
and i've got an adverage 52fps from almost all games (with FPS limiter on) at 640x480x32 windowed AF 2x FSAA 2x

Sound with the new HLE plugin is almost completely jitterless, especially with the more powerful Creative cards.

Also i've tested it with -> Carmageddon64, C&C64, ZeldaoT, Zelda:MM, SuperMario64, Mario Party2, Resident Evil2, Super Smash Brothers, Wrestlemania2000, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day
(i could have tested more but it takes 2hours to create a Doctor64 Backup)

Certainly is one of the most promising Nintendo64 Emulators to date ... as none of the games tested had anything other than minor texturing discrepancies with the Standard Direct3D Plugin - anyone else who can legally backup thier Roms for playing on more powerful computers will be very happy now.

It would be nice actually if some company got develop and emulator for older systems like NES, SNES, MegaDrive, etc... official ones and then retailed official game roms giving part of the profit to the Console Developer and the Original Game Developer
With a USB adaptor and original controler for the consoles certainly would be a good hit wouldn't yo say?

well check out the new version, as 1.6 is WELL underway right now ... oh and for those who think they can do better the full source is available too.
Project64
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi! http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/ssj2.gif[/img]
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 22:36
Thanks Raven, I love Emus esp running games as good and Goldeneye

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 22:38
OOOOooook that should have read:

Thanks Raven, I love Emus esp. running games as good as Mario 64, WaveRace and Goldeneye

Damned cordless Keyboards

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 23:37
hehee excuses, excuses ... next time try not to be like 8 meters from the transmitter

:: hugs his logitech ::

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 00:31
Cool Doom is running perfectly in that new Project64 I just LOVE Doom on N64. I think it was the most good looking and hardest of them all. Sadly, I could never find a cartridge to sell here Start to think about putting an add in the newspaper

"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 03:28
emu = A large flightless australian bird that will run away no matter what u do, but has nasty claws

emus lots of them

I like emus also

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 04:07
Off Topic forum is also culture

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 11:39
I loved Duke Nukem on the N64, any console that has 4 controller ports as standard is ace in my book (TAKE NOTE SONY!) - Goldeneye and Duke with 4 player deathmatch is worth buying a 2nd hand N64 for alone.

I love emulation though, especially on the DC, I have Snes, Nes, Spectrum, and Genesis emulators on the dreamcast. But you can even get MAME for the DC, and a good dozen other format emulators!.

Van-B
P.S. Anyone else wish they were Dizzy right now?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 12:30
Ya know they sell those USB Adapters to translate N64 or Playstation controllers to PC (using Rumble|Mem|Cart Paks).
I want to figure out howto get the bloody thing to access right within' DirectX because i'd love to use an N64 Controler for games in DB Std|Pro
Using MemPaks, RumblePaks ... hehee plus a genertic available button set - would be awesome

Getting an N64 secondhand would be cool, i mean EVERYWHERE sells them dirt cheap right now. Problem is the games are still expensive
its a shame cause my N64 is still in the states, all i've got here are 2 Controllers and my Doctor64 ... plus the CD backups of my games.
but i mean i think i saw in GameStation like one brand new for £30 plus Goldeneye (it was hard to get them packs when they were still new!) games like Mario, ZeldaoT, Pokémon all pretty cheap like £5-10 now.

Wish companies would support old technology in some way and old games. I mean I enjoy playing Gameboy games on the PC more than either the GBP,GBC or GBA ... but it is cool to have them portable when i choose to take them.
Pitty Nintendo are kinda idiots when it comes to business, kinda makes you wonder how the hell they've survived so long

Mmmm Anyone else feel like Pickled Eggs?

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 13:09
Yeah I loved the N64 and they're so cheap now any1 who doesn't have one should!

Just downloaded Project 64 and it brings up a low memory error, but I have a 1 gig swap file, 512Mb RAM (?) Any Idea why guys? I went to the FAQ but no real help I'm using XP Home

PS Yeah I tht Dizzy should have the best seat in the house Mmmm Cammy - Any1 see Kylie in SFMovie?

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 17:17
Yeah Cammy on SFmovie :p. I kinda LOVED Chun Li's legs on the movie(Ming Na Wen or something like that...) I kinda think oriental girls are so cute
The game was kinda bad though

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 17:18
And Mortal Kombat-The movie I think was pretty good too .

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 18:08
the movies of the games are just pure tripe... the only two Games to Movies i remember that were actually Pretty Damn'd Good which were Resident Evil (not many people have seen that cause it was over shadowed by Episode2) and Final Fantasy.

Both of which i think are good because they were well thought out as movies rather than just movie adaptions of a game.
Mortal Kombats were oki, but just like the game ... kinda overacted and well boring - relying on pure special effects rather than a story of any kind.

Might be graphics card related not system, but i'm unsure - it works fine on all of my machine (well not quite fine but playable if you turn off the sound on the slowest system here) ... one runs XP Home Edition that came preinstalled from what i'm told, with no problems.

Lemme know you're specs and i'll drudge through the code a little later see if there arn't some irregularities in the memory allocation ... shouldn't be using any more than 32Mb (default 4Mb) of System and Video Ram
Surprisingly it hasn't had a conflict error with nVeiw yet, so been utilising the power of a new Quattro4 XGL900 card and playing the games at 1024x768x32 4xFSAA 4xAF with 20% Alpha on the window hehee ... me likes Windows .Net

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 23:00
... the problem is not legality, as I would only play the games I own, the problem is were to get roms from...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 08:38
you can get and import Doctor64 for about $60 ... its kinda a funny claus in the Licence, its not that you're allowed to own a backup if you own an original - like if you own Mario64 and download a copy of it. Thats illegal!
Buht if you copy from transfer device then THAT is legal.
Weird huh?

I mean the images usually arn't any different, but then it depends on your region doesn' it.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 10:42
o_O i know... i dont agree... O_O but i never do anything illegal...not lil ol puff...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 16:56
My still N64 is still being used, just finished Mario64, LylatWars, Goldeneye and the 2 Zeldas all over again.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 19:26
Thanks Raven I have an AMDXP1800, with 512Mb of PC133 RAM, GF4MX64Mb, 80Gb HDD partitioned into 2 40Gb, each with over 10Gb space and 1Gb Swapfile. I'm running an official XP Home Upgrade from 98SE without any service packs. Any help getting it to run would be most appreciated, I currently use 3 other emus for the 64 but compatibility is not high

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 21:04
I'd suggest downloading Service Pack one (can be a chore on a dail-up) as it fixxes ALOT of WinXP's inherent problems

gonna look into it a lil more deeply, if it gives you a hex error code or anything that might be of interest them please post, the code isn't small

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 21:39
Yeah I never got round to it and haven't had to many problems with xp anyway so I didn't want to risk it. But I guess I will soon if u recommend it

No I don't get a hex, just simply a "Failed to Alocate Memory" message with an Ok button Grr

Oh and on the subject of Movies, Resident Evil WAS good. I thought the Final Fantasy graphics were great but the film kinda dragged. Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat were Ok, Mario Bros and Street Fighter weren't lol Kylies fit tho

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 23:27
How about Double Dragon the Movie I kinda liked that one... I bought two DVD's months ago for the price of 10 bucks... Double Dragon and Conan gheheheh...classic, ins't it ^_^. And I have Mortal Kombat in DVD too But never found Street Fighter to sell... Actually, I never could buy Street Fighter Movie ( but the game ) to PSone either . Both the movie and the game aren't good, but to complete my SF Collection thing

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 00:18
Ah man that game was awful! I don't know what Capcom were thinking! Unless it wasn't them, I don't remember

Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 01:00
Where is it? I can find no mention of it on the homepage!

Dazzy
DB IRC Chat irc.hashnet.org port 6667 #darkbasic
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 02:05
Double Dragon 1&2 on the Nes were quality ... all the rest kinda slide downhill

i'll see what i can do about the memory allocation thou

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 05:49
yeh i love that double dragonl... o_O and fzero (the old overhead view without 3dness...) was pretty tight...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 21:57
still can't can't find this update, would someone mind pointing me to it?

Dazzy
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 22:40
Here's a direct link to download the emu if that's what u mean Dazzy

http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/pj64/pj64_1_5.exe

Their site sucks big time... I just hate pop ups and it's almost a hell pop up site .
HOwever, try to get always the latest emulators here:

[url]www.emuita.it[/url]

Not so many pop ups and they update it everyday . For mame, noone beats mame kaillera:

[url]www.kaillera.com[/url]

Hope it was that u meant

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 23:05
what popups ryuu?
i never got any from the site, infact the only advertisement is the paid one at the top ... and i don't have a popup killer so erm lol i dunno

Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:14
thanks evil but I've had that version for a while, I can't even find reference to the new build Raven has mentioned.

Dazzy
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 09:26
no ... alot of people have the 1.5 beta for a while
this is the retail build they've finally released.

i was still using 1.4 up until a few weeks back.
which i just remembered - that is also installed in
Program Files/Project 64 (as opposed to Project 64 1.5 where well you can guess lol)

i'm still confused to the popup's supposidly on the site

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 16:09
I don't get any pop-ups Either Raven :?

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 18:42
Oops sorry Been a little busy with school and stuff ^_^. That's why took me long to write here and to Kangaroo2 as well ^_^.

I get about 3-4 pop ups in each hyperlink when I open that site . The weird is... if I paste Raven's link in new window browser... No pop ups jump in my screen, but if I click in the link from this page, it does . Obviously my computer is full of spywares again . U know, I really started to be so annoyed of internet, viruses, adds, spywarez... I need a new hobby... I will buy myself a piano and stick with it ^_^.
Yeah... I also have 2 anti-virus in my computer and addware, but I just don't have patient to check it all the time, computer is to be something funnny you know. Internet and multiplayer games with cheaters are destroying the beauty of it

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 20:53
Yeah once I tried to download Edonkey and got a stupid install file that installed itself as something like "Windows Upgrade" so initially I was fooled into not deleting it or uninstalling it because I thought it might have been downloaded by Windows or Media Player as an update. But everytime I was online and openned a website or searched for something, it would fill my screen with Pop-ups Eventually I guessed it must be this "Windows Upgrade" I didn't remember doing and sure enough the pop-ups stopped!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 08:53
Mwhahaa the power of Norton Internet Security 2003
Anything you don't sign for when it comes in they will bar and the officially signed people like Microsoft, Macromedia, etc are automatically allowed.

Can be a pain updating nearly 1mb patches weekly with it - but really is the best tool if you can afford it

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2003 13:05
cool - I always kinda hated most Anti-Virus like software, but I might give it a try

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:35:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:35:13