Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / From a beginners point of view, how does this look?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 15:09
Well, what I really mean it I'm sort of a beginner at making maps, but I have some Concept Art type of stuff out right now of one part of the map, and I want to know what other beginners think of this, as well as what other advanced members think. The name of the game is Code Blue. There is really no special meaning for that... Oh, and don't mind the health things at the bottom.. I was just testing the map in JK2, and those appear, of course:

Is it good for someone who isn't that good at this? OH, and the lighting IS correct. I DO want it to have light in some areas and for it to be dark in others.. Bye!
AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 21:15
hi god, what's heaven like?
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
The chairs look a bit odd, like something you'd sit on in playschool/kindergarten
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 23:15
well, that's pretty good! like soyuz said, the chairs/tables are kinda odd, not bad but odd.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 23:50
So, you think I'm good at this, eh? Well, the table is gray with black dots, and that suits the game well. Next to the big screen is a computer, which you may have mistaken as a table. And the preschool thing, it had me cracking up for days (well, er, seconds actually! ).. But, I will see about changing the texture for the chairs. I was just having a little trouble choosing out the right chairs. More screens will be posted here soon. Very soon! Just wait for me to add more to the map. Thanks for the responses though! Bye!

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 23:55
Okay. Here is just another screen, the same as last time, just this time it has a guide, to tell you what everything is...

The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 10:46
Not bad at all. This is just stuff I've been learning down the road (as I'm a bit of a newbee at map making too): First off, stuff like chairs, as they said, do look kinda chunky in BSP so I sudgest using low poly count .X files. Second is ( and I have a VERY tough problem witht this) making your level less 2D can be VERY difficult. I tend to naturally go twards making 4 walls and floor and ceiling. The best thing to do to get around that is probably to draw it out on paper and always keep it in mind when you are modeling in BSP. Make room for ventalation systems and emergency sprinklers, or add steps to slightly higher platforms in a room. I do have to say that it aint too bad and you have a gift that I struggle with: good ideas in detailing. You do a darn good job of making sure your walls aren't 'blank'. That's tough for me .

1.00 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 64MB, SB Live!, 8 cans of soda per day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:40:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:40:31