Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Code Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone, I'm new to DarkBASIC, but not to programming, so I grasped most of it pretty fast. However, in a little test of the software, I need help with a few things.
That's my code. Basically, some random cubes, a car, and your the GI. I'm having some trouble using Collision and Mouse input and model movement.
For collision, I can't figure out how to make the car and the G.I. collide properly. The boxes and the GI work fine, but the car either you can walk through, or the collision is way off. I am using DbPro, and I know there are collision boxes, but I'm starting with the old DB tutorials on the DB website.
For Mouse input, I can't figure out how to have it rotate the camera when you move the mouse. I have it so when you click the mouse, it shows a front view of you (and all the arrows invert). But I want it so you can move the mouse for the camera too.
For model movement, my G.I. will make a visual jump back to frame one (unsmooth motion) when it gets to the last frame. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks, I hope to become an active contributer to the DB and DbPro community.
Nick
CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Could someone please help me? Thanks!

The only way to prevent all lag in a game is not to make the game.
cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
It would help if the external files were available...

If you get the external files zipped so I can download them, I would be more than happy to help.

Cypher

CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the models are from DarkMatter so I can't zip em. But you could just sub them for some other models.
Beachbug is a small car. GI is just a guy. Wall.jpg is just a texture.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 13:21
I'd do my own collision with the car, something like

I couldn't fix the walking loop problem, I tried only looping once when the upkey was first pressed, but that did nothing. You should be able to play between two values, for the GI I think the walking animation is between 5 and 25.

Here is some code to rotate the camera a distance of r# around x#,z#:

Try and incorporate that into the code you already have.
CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks so far, but I'm still having some problems with that code. Here's my new code:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:52:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:52:41