Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New screens of Code Blue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 23:55
I got called a "god" in the newbie forum before for making a nice level, so I'd like to be called that again, and thats one reason I'm posting this here!

That screenie you saw earlier of Code Blue, WILL NOT be included in the game. The following two screenies WILL be included in the game. This time I was able to get the health things out of the corners, but the weapon you see now WILL NOT be in the actual game. Here are the pics:

and:

It will probably take about 2 weeks more to finish this level. 3 weeks at the most. I already have 3 sections done, in one day, and that is great, so ya know...

So, whatcha think about these screenies?
AlamDV, NHL, NHL 2K3....... The best combination ever!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:40
Texture stretching sorta throws things off. I like the gun though. Who modelled it?

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:57
What do you mean the texture streching throws things off? Is it that big screen?

ANd the gun is the Bryan Blaster from Jedi Outcast.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 01:52
Much better than the first one, nice.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 02:11
I think RPGamer's indicating that perhaps your textures (particularly that glowy red thing on the first screen) are too small and blurry. If not, then perhaps I'm indicating that...

Yes, much better than your first one. But, here's a tip: for the textures that look a bit blurry, load them into Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro and apply a light sharpening filter to them. I find that it makes my textures look that little bit nicer if used properly.

Keep up the good work!

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 03:15
Okay. I see your point. But when playing the game, that little red glowy thing is not seen much. It is part of a computer, which is non-blurry. So, its pretty much fine for now.

P.S. My PSP and PS demos expired A LONG time ago!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 04:26
Dr. Good job clearning that up. Great minds think alike

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 04:37
Oh, i see. Well, that glowing thing won't change as it is part of the computer. Normally it won't look like that though.

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 23:25
That's one redeeming feature of the older versions of Paint Shop Pro - "Your trial period has been exceeded by 572 days! Please register!". That was the only thing it did to try to get you to register, no expiration date, no loss of functionality, it was perfect for skint people like us!

Also, I don't know how easy it would be for you to do (and I think this was pointed out earlier anyway), but could you make the chairs look a little less chunky?

Try making them a bit more lean for a start and don't have the part at the back sticking straight up - put it at a gentle angle. Perhaps it would also look better if you taper the back slightly as well.

One last thing - add light fittings! I see light, but I don't see where it comes from! It's little details like this that bring your levels up a notch.

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 05:12:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 05:12:17