Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi whats a good program to make sprites. I know how to use a bmp, i dont want the whole pic just the face or what ever. do i have to cut around the image and colour it white.I hope this makes sense. Some told me to make some o0f the image clear or trans. Can i use psp for sprites.
And can anyone tell me in basic terms what bsp are and how to make them.
thanx alot
pete
music is life
VietStylist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 15:29
BSP means Binary Space Partioning and is widely used in 3D game levels such as Quake, Soldier of Fortune, Half-life etc. It is also a file format for uses in such games. What it does is it uses complex algorithms called octrees which tells the 3D engine of the game what polygons are onscreen or not, so they can be rendered efficiently for maximum game performance. But most of all, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPRITES ;D.
I think you mean PSP or something like that. Well, PSP is another file format made especially for use with the image program called Paint Shop Pro. Unfortunately, DBP does not support this file format. But that is not unusual. DirectX, or OpenGL itself doesn't support this format. Why? Well its for use only with Paint Shop Pro, and it is not a popular format. It's just the same with Adobe Photoshop, which makes PSD files.
What you would have to do is, make a image in a image program like PSP. Save it in the file format of PSP. This is going to be your draft copy or master copy. Then you color the parts of the image that you don't want to be shown onscreen to whatever color you want (magenta [rgb(255,0,255)] or black [rgb(0,0,0)] is good). This color is going to be declared transparent. Then press Ctrl+F12 to "save copy as" and save it as a BITMAP, which is supported by DB. If you want to save space then export it to JPEG or JPG.
In DB, type "set image colorkey rgb(255,0,255)" or whatever the color you chose to be see through or transparent. Then simply load the image into DB and do whatever.

Sorry if that confused you

Vs

333 Mhz , 96 mb ram , 15 inch monitor , intergrated intel810 graphics chipset ...
BBoy VietStylist 1.9k'86
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 17:55
Paint Shop Pro? I think that program is cool

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:21:45