Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with game code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
this is a small fps ive been working on to teach myself db
(mainly bits of other tuts).
i was wondering if anyone can fix the problem with my lmb automatic weapon it shoots fine but when its used the 20 bullets it doesnt reuse them like it should.
also if anyone would see if there are better ways to do some of the codeing or the ordering of the program
thanks
trav

das
Years of Service
User Offline
also i saw a particle effect of like debris being afected by gravity like after an explosion i dunno what site i saw it but was wondering if anyone knew where to find it again?

das
Years of Service
User Offline
i was wondering why no one will help ?
is it because you cant figure it out or because iv broken some secret compact and everyone is ignoring me ?
anyway this is more of a bump then anything

cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
hey das,

I'm trying to help, but I've got a couple issues;

DBPro gives me an error with this line-

`collision
if by 0 then shotrecently#=shotrecently#-1

I can't seem to get past this problem, if I rem out the line of course I get a fatal error once I try to run the compiled exe.

Any ideas why it does not work?

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 12:59
You appear to have missed out the collision and first part of the shooting code, because of the < > operators not appearing correctly.

One thing I've noticed:

Shouldn't that be shot#(i-100,0)?

Also, I think you'll find it easier using a for...next loop from 0 to 20 (20? should be 19 since 0 -> 19 = 20 numbers) and using i in all your array manipulation, then using i+100 for object manipulation. You have a lot more array commands, so using i+100 doesn't really make much sense.

Did you use any of my code in that shooting section? It looks suspiciously like mine...
das
Years of Service
User Offline
cypher i dunno what that line is ill have a look later and dark i ended up using 100 - 120 cause then its abit easyer to see that the bullets are numbered 100 - 120 .. really its just what happend when i was doing it ...and it prolly is ur code im not taking no credit its just bits ive seen that i like so i copy it over but some of it is original

thanks
trav

das
Years of Service
User Offline
opps all this is in db not dbpro i shoulda sayd sumtin b4 it prolly wont work in pro not to sure tho

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 09:36:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 09:36:51