Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D level creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 13:24
Hi all,

I'm trying to remake Driller (8-bit gamers may remember the freescape games) and I'm hoping one of you lot will know where I can get hold of a decent level designer, along the same lines as Worldcraft (The half-life level designer), that works with Dark Basic Pro?

I think I'd go insane coding each individual block so this would be a big help and someone must have written/used one by now! I've checked out levelmaker 3D and that is halfway there but it only seems to create Doom-like levels (i.e. not more than head height). I'm looking to create 3D 'rooms'. (My (hashed together) website is at http://www.free-scape.co.uk/ for anyone interested)

All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Steve
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 14:03
Did you check out the Cartography shop?

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
betpet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 15:12
LOL! Yeah, they had the compass and protractors but no graph paper.
betpet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 15:17
Oops, I forgot to add my serious answer. That looks like it will do the trick. I'll check it out tonight.

Cheers!
Warg0tchA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 19:29
Hé folks,
I'm a newbee with darkbasic and all I want to know is if you guys know how to create such realistic enviroments like in Unreal Tournament(but not so smooth looking off course, I can't create that yet!).
You can also mail me at:
Vegeta_Supersaiyan@DBZmail.com

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 23:03
you could make a level editing program of your own, i am at the moment, its quite hard but if you get it done then your work pays off it your trying to make something like unreal tounament.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:03:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:03:36