Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need a little help with some serious techinical problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if i posted in the wrong area, or asked a question thats been asked before, but after scouring the forums and the site, i couldnt find anthing that helped me.

I just recently purchased the DBPro, Cart Shop, and Texture Maker package, and so far, the only thing i can get to work correctly is Texture maker. When i attempt to run Cartargraphy shop, i get a vauge arror that says "Cannot create 3d scene" at which point it closes. DBPro seems to run fine, until i do anything more complx than a PRINT command, in which case i get the following error (in debug mode) "Db Compiler has caused an error in DBPROSETUPDEBUG.DLL " then the compiler closes. A similar error occors when i try to just make an exe and run that.

Whats even worse is that when i try and run the patch to DB pro, i get the following error "Runtime Error 1504 - display cannot be created due to unknown directx error at line 0"

This is driving me insane, because I really want to start using this soon, it seems like a nice program.

Scince this is prolly needed, here are my system specs:
Processor: Celleron 766mhz
Ram: 320 megs of pc 133 SD ram
DirectX version: 9.0
Windows Version: Me (i know i know, it sucks, but im gonna upgrad, i swear ; )
Graphics Card: Nvida GeForce 2 mx 400 (64 meg) with latest drivers
Thats about all i can think of, other than the fact that i ussaly have a dual monitor hookup, using the built in display adapter for my computer. I thought that this may have been the problem, so i tried without having the second monitor hooked up at all, but it didnt really do anything more than give me less desktop space.

If someone could help in some way it would be much appriciated, as i have some game designing to get to.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2003 15:34
Does the GForce2 have a bit 24-bit mode - if so, dont use it.

Have you checked your DX setup using DxDiag ?

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
King_Robato
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help, apparently, direct x thought my card wasnt direct 3d sompliant, so it disabled it. I Manually enabled it, and now it works perfect. This is great, cause it means i can play all the games that never worked before, as well as make games in DB pro ^_^

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 10:34
hehe i felt that happy joy game opening plethora for a second then

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 22:02:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 22:02:21