Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / animating 3d objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 21:05
How would I go about making a program where I have a character and if I hold down a key, he plays a walking animation, and if I press another key, he plays an attacking animation.

It might be funny to make a game about lots of cubes, but if I plan on getting a modeller (that will run well on my computer) and making some decent looking models I've got dark matter, but the characters attack very unrealistically, and the women look like transvestites.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 23:22
The dark matter models come with a fairly decent limb structure, so you can ignore all the animations provided with them and make them all yourself at run-time.

Personally, I use sine values in my animation because it makes for easy smooth animation, but it probably isn't the best tactic.

Use the rotate limb commands to do the animating, and an array of limb angle keyframes to interpolate to.
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 18:46
If I make my own models, how would I do it? Is it just a matter of creating the frames and then telling dbpro to play from the starting frame of one animation to the ending frame?

Thanks for limb ideas anyway though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 10:40:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 10:40:26