Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro and 3D Racing Games?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, I just downloaded the demo version of DarkBASIC Pro and was wondering if there might be any examples of 3D Racing Games out there that anyone might be willing to share. Also it is possible to model all this(including tracks) in something like 3D Studio Max and export them as an .x correct? Don't really know where to start so I would be greatful if anyone could get me started in the right direction.

Thanks everyone!
cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a small 3d racing game (in rough alpha phase) that you can download at;

www.gamedevvault.com/dbpro/race/race.zip

feel free to use or destroy any part of it you want, thats what I made it for. Keep in mind that it it only works on some computers.

I made it 2 weeks after I got DBPro, so the code has flaws. Mainly that unless you have a highend PC, it may not even run. But the code there is a great place to start to get you the idea.

When you run it the screen goes black for about 12 seconds, so be ready for that. It should run after that that though.

Hope it helps, and have fun.
Cypher

cypher
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah, also,

I did model it in 3D Max 3.0 and exported out to .X.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 11:20:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 11:20:00