Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / RPG Menu Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just been making like a 5 mintue RPG to truly test my new DBPro skills (which arn't that good yet. I'm having problems still with a few things like collision and particles and such). Anyways, I started making the menu, using #include and seperate files containing functions. I did however make the variables consistent by using cOp (the only variable so far, and then one the menu uses) in the parameters.
Here's the main file:

and here is the menufunctions.dba file (prepare to read one long function )(Note: Besides the first two functions, the others just make cubes, then wait key then exit. Once I get the menu done, they'll do what they're supposed to, but for now thats all they do.):

When I run the exe, it gives me the error "Cannot load bitmap at line 66". Well, in the main file, there aren't 66 lines, and in menufunctions.dba, line 66 is a comment, and line 67 is "if cOp=1" just incase. Also, I know all the files are in the correct locations, media\gfx\screens\something.bmp
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Nick.
The only way to prevent all lag in a game is not to make the game.
CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, line 67 is "if cOp=4", not 1.

The only way to prevent all lag in a game is not to make the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 13:06:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 13:06:38