Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Partaining to downloading the software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My computer seems to strongly dislike having to download large files. When the download of something over 50mb finishes, the installer gives a CRC error. Then, when downloaded a second time, the program runs fine. If I were to order FPSC, and I were to encounter this problem, would I be able to redownload it or will you guys have antipiracy things up?
fpsdave
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't bought anything from TGC yet.

TGC has stated that they have a download manager and it will be
required to use it download FPSC.

Since it is a download manager, I imagine there will be something
in it to handle disconnects.

Hopefully, someone can verify this for you.

dave.
Anime civil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 10:36
There is a little thing iny our manager that shows all the things you downloaded and purchased from them, so you can revisit that manager any time and re-download fpsc.

Velocity Designs - Coming Soon
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 12:38
The download manager will download FPSC in small chunks and then stitch the program together at the end, so it doesn't matter if you disconnect as it'll only have to re-download one chunk again as opposed to the whole thing (chunks are currently set to 2MB in size, but we'll evaluate that when the service goes live).

Cheers,

Rich

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Er...but what if a chunk gets CRC'ed? Lol. With my luck it WILL happen. Oh and btw, I never disconnect. I'm assuming its because I'm going through a router. More stops. I should use the main comp to d/l. OH well, thanks guys.
Avan Madisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 07:42 Edited at: 11th Feb 2005 07:42
Rich - are you saying we'll be using a download manager like GoZilla (without the spyware) so we wouldn't have to download the whole thing in one go, we could download it over a series of evenings?

I don't suffer from insanity:

I enjoy every minute of it!
Noldor
Years of Service
User Offline
He just toold you how it works.
Quote: "The download manager will download FPSC in small chunks and then stitch the program together at the end, so it doesn't matter if you disconnect as it'll only have to re-download one chunk again as opposed to the whole thing (chunks are currently set to 2MB in size, but we'll evaluate that when the service goes live)."
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 11:49
Avan - you could download it over a series of evenings if you wish.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 17:03
Quote: "Er...but what if a chunk gets CRC'ed?"

Somethign can't get 'CRC-ed' - the error just refers to that fact that the file you downloaded is incomplete.
A CRC is a unique code that is generated from a file. If your downloaded file's CRC is different to the CRC that the installer knows, then your file is probably incomplete and so giving a CRC error

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Born2Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Little different question from what ya'll have but figured this would be a good forum to post it. I read that supposedly only high speed users can download FPS Creator. They also stated that "you can download it on a 56k if you like, but we will not support it". What is meant by that? Are they saying that 56k users can download it with maybe a little trouble or can 56k users not download it at all. I use 56k and have did several downloads that are much bigger than 400MB so I won't have trouble downloading it as long as I have patience which isnt a problem. Any feedback would be most helpfull.
Logan 5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 03:36
@Born2Rock:

All you need is the patience. The download manager will work for you at 56k, just VERY slowly.

Basically dark.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 03:49
Quote: "They also stated that "you can download it on a 56k if you like, but we will not support it"

It means, "you can try if you want but don't come crying to us when it doesn't work"

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Nightbyer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, DavidT. It's just a lot easier to say CRC'ed than to say, "improperly downloaded" if you know what I mean.
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 20:21
Richard Davey - For the poor (yet stubborn) 56k users, could you set it to 1/2 meg per file chunk? That would be PERFECT.

Avatar - white cat in a snowstorm. Look closely.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 16:38:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 16:38:30