Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Collision problems, small entities too hard to 'grab'

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In test mode, the character falls through some of the walls.

On the other hand, I don't think I have the minimum memory...

However, the problem of weapon models being to small to grab is probably not memory-related.

Cheese!
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:11 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 08:13
Could you give more detail about the problems. It's hard to visualise what is happening. Screen shots of the first and a better description of the second.
[Edit] If you mean in the map view small entities are hard to re-select, try zooming in with the mouse wheel or the , key then try selecting again.[/EDIT]

Cheers,

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Narf The Mouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:42 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 08:43
With the doors...It's always two particular south and west walls and is probably a memory problem. Using the access corridor. Some access corridor corners don't have the mid-corner part (That seems more randome). Need to buy more memory anyway, further updates after that.

As for entities, yes, that helps. But some sort of auto-select would be vastly appreciated, if any devs are reading.

Oh, also, it doesn't seem like there's anyway to give an entity new properties. I want to give a console entity the Health property so it can be blown up.

Thanks for your time.

Cheese!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:55
You can set the "health" of entities already. Change it from 0 to any other value (i.e. 1 if you want it destroyed quickly)

If you are in entity mode then it will auto-highlight entities as you mouse over them.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Narf The Mouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, but the console entity I selected doesn't have a health entry. I checked the 'entities' section of the manual and it didn't mention anything about adding entries.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

Cheese!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 10:14
All entities have a "Strength" value (that is what it's called on the properties list). That is their "health". 0 = invulnerable.

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
Narf The Mouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah. Thanks.

Cheese!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 06:15:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 06:15:43