Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A few questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It says in the manual that the ambient light is deliberately set high. How do you turn it down?
Also, it say that the screen resolution can be set in the ini. file -How?
And last, I remember seeing particle emitters in the movie clip. Are ther any in the EA version?

Thanks.
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 15:25
You didn't see particles, you saw an animated decal.

Ambient light + screen res are in the global.ini file I believe, the one that gets created when you do a build final game (not a test game).

Super Joe crack combat soldier fights a long battle against overwhelming odds.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 19:18 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 19:19
@FernadoK, load your level you want the ambient light changed and then select File-->Build Game.

Click on the Level Settings tab and click EDIT on the line that says Global Script.

Scroll till you see the ambient settings and modify to how you want them to be. Below shows it being switched off completely.

Click ok then OK, then OK on the build game dialog and when you test the game again the ambient settings will have changed.

I haven't tried experementing with screen sizes at the moment.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:31:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:31:34