Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Graphics too slow-- When firing turns black..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 16:13
Hi Guys,
I created a small level to become familiar with the FPS Software. Everything was ok up until the point where i compiled the game to an .exe file.When i picked up the weapon and began to fire everything turned black, but only when i was pulling the trigger. I thought a while, and then went to NVIDIA and re- downloaded the drivers for my video card. The problem is solved now my friends.It works like a charm. The reason i am posting this is, certainly not to complain at all, but to tip someone off that may think that they have a bug in the software, but simply need a driver update or something simple like that. Oh, and one more thing. I could not find the drivers i needed at the NVIDIA main website. I have a GFORCE MX4000 64meg designed for direct x 8, and for those in the know, thats kinda behind the times allready. So if you are in the same situation, visit http://www.xfxforce.com. You may find the updates ,or missing drivers there.I hope this helps anyone who needs it. I believe in the software, and truly believe in you guys that created it. Have a nice night guys, its about 3:15am in the morning here in the States.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 19:09
@spg34us, this may be due to a dynamic lighting issue. Someone else reported a similar type of problem with the screen going white on the demo I posted. edit the setup.ini file that is in the same dir as the .exe and change:

dynamiclighting=1

To

dynamiclighting=0

And try again.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
spg34us
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 19:18
Hi jasuk70,
Thank you so much for the info my friend.This is why i like coming this forum, so i can share the things i know (which is not much)lol, and learn as many things about this new software as possible.Have a great day my friend. Keep in touch....
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2005 06:01
Thanks for sharing this information, a vital source of quick fix solutions for newcomers to this type of software. I always recommend reading the specification before purchase, then making sure you are fully DirectX 9.0c using the most stable 3D card drivers and sound drivers you can find before installing the software. After that, you are most likely running close to a system that wrote it

"We are the knights who say...eki eki eki fatang loopzoing, zanziga....ni"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:36:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 21:36:38